- Wine tasting tour
- duration 9 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 10
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Take an eco wine safari through the biodynamic vineyards at Avondale wine farm
- Taste Avondale wines, which are harvested in line with the lunar cycle
- Learn the story directly from winemaker (when available)
- Sip wines from the leader in South Africa's biodynamic farming movement
The second stop on this wine tour is Joostenberg. Joostenberg has been home to the Myburgh family for 5 generations. The current generation takes their role as custodians of the property very seriously and have been farming their vineyards organically for several years. Guests will be joining Tyrrel or Anette Myburgh for a tour of their boutique cellar, followed by a tasting of their delicious, organic wines.
Hop over to Klein Joostenberg Bistro for traditional French bistro cuisine where they strive to recreate the essence of simple, good food in everything that they prepare. Seasonal menus feature hearty, robust dishes made from scratch, using regional farm produce.
Your final stop is to Reyneke organic wine estate for a vineyard walk where you'll learn about natural predators.
You will depart this tour feeling nothing short of inspired by nature and the efforts put forth by farmers of the Western Cape.
- Pickup and drop-off from your accommodation in and around Cape Town
- Private guide/driver
- Two-hour eco wine safari
- Three organic and biodynamic wine tastings
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellations from 0 to 24 hours prior to tour departure: 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
Cancellations from 24 to 72 hours prior to tour departure: 50% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to date of cancellation.
Cancellations 3 to 30 days prior to tour departure: 20% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to date of cancellation.
Cancellations 30 days or more prior to tour departure: 10% cancellation fee will be charged for costs incurred.