- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 40 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 22
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- See the "big five" from 4x4 safari vehicles.
- Experience cosmopolitan Cape Town.
- Cruise through the Okavango Delta in traditional canoes.
- View the mighty Victoria Falls.
Now's the time to explore Africa on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. Keen to check off eight countries as "been there" and journey across nearly half of the African continent? Well, give us 40 days and we'll take you on this epic overland adventure. Marvel at the world's highest sand dunes, float through the Okavango in a dugout "mokoro" canoe, and meet the San Bushmen in the blazing Kalahari Desert. You'll soak up vibrant colours, culture, and scenery from the southern tip of Africa up to Kenya. Take the road less travelled and come away with jaw-dropping photos and a deeper understanding of this incredible corner of the globe.
Day 1: Cape Town
Day 2: Cape Town/Cederberg
Day 3: Cederberg/Orange River
Day 4: Orange River/Fish River Canyon
Day 5: Fish River Canyon/Namib Desert
Day 6: Namib Desert
Day 7: Namib Desert/Swakopmund
Day 8: Swakopmund
Day 9: Swakopmund/Spitzkoppe
Day 10: Spitzkoppe/Etosha National Park
Day 11: Etosha National Park
Day 12: Etosha National Park/Waterberg Plateau
Day 13: Waterberg Plateau/Windhoek
Day 14: Windhoek/D'kar
Day 15: D'kar/Maun
Day 16: Maun/Okavango Delta
Day 17: Okavango Delta/Gweta
Day 18: Gweta/Kasane
Day 19: Kasane/Victoria Falls
Day 20: Victoria Falls
Day 21: Victoria Falls
Day 22: Victoria Falls/Lusaka
Day 23: Lusaka/South Luangwa
Day 24: South Luangwa
Day 25: South Luangwa/Chipata
Day 26: Chipata/Kande Beach
Day 27: Kande Beach
Day 28: Kande Beach/Chitimba
Day 29: Chitimba
Day 30: Chitimba/Iringa
Day 31: Iringa/Dar es Salaam
Day 32: Dar es Salaam/Zanzibar Beach Resort
Day 33: Zanzibar Beach Resort
Day 34: Stone Town
Day 35: Stone Town/Bagamoyo
Day 36: Bagamoyo/Arusha
Day 37: Arusha/Serengeti National Park
Day 38: Serengeti National Park/Ngorongoro
Day 39: Ngorongoro/Arusha
Day 40: Arusha/Nairobi
- Participation camping (28 nts), permanent tented camp (1 nt), full-service camping (2 nts), simple hotels (3 nts, single or twin-share), basic bush camping (2 nts), guesthouses (2 nts, multi-share with 3 people), hostel (1 nt, multi-share with 3-4 people).
36 breakfasts, 33 lunches, 27 dinners
Note: Allow USD220-290 for meals not included.
- Lando (overland adventure vehicle), 4x4 safari vehicles, minibus, ferry, walking.
- 2 CEOs (Chief Experience Officers) throughout as head guide/cook and driver, certified safari guides/drivers, local guide, camp crew.
- Your G for Good Moment: !Khwa ttu San Culture and Education Centre, Yzerfontein
- Your G for Good Moment: Penduka Village Restaurant & Shop, Windhoek
- Your G for Good Moment: Dqae Qare San Lodge & Camp, Dekar
- Your G for Good Moment: Lusumpuko Women's Club Lunch, Victoria Falls
- Your G for Good Moment: Tribal Textiles Market & Courtyard Cafe, Mfuwe
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Discover Moment: Swakopmund
- Your Discover Moment: Victoria Falls
- Your Local Living Moment: Kande Beach Local Dinner, Kande Beach
- Entrance to Fish River Canyon, Sossusvlei Dunes, and Spitzkoppe
- Entrances and wildlife safari drives in Etosha and Serengeti National Parks and in Ngorongoro Crater
- Waterberg Plateau visit
- Okavango Delta overnight bush camping excursion
- Guided tour of spice plantation (Zanzibar)
- 3-day Zanzibar excursion
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Cape Town and from Nairobi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cape Town to the Serengeti: Deserts & Wilderness tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 203+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cape Town to the Serengeti: Deserts & Wilderness tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cape Town to the Serengeti: Deserts & Wilderness tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cape Town to the Serengeti: Deserts & Wilderness tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : CampingCamping most nights with some hotel/hostel stays to start and throughout; affordable public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.