- duration 23 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- ‘Door to Hell’ giant burning gas pit in Turkmenistan
- Islamic architecture and ruins along the great Silk Road
- Villages and lakes of the Fann and Tien Shan Mountains
- Post Soviet grand monuments
Vast deserts, rolling steppe, fertile valleys and majestic mountains form the backdrop to the five former Soviet republics of Central Asia which are commonly known as the five Stans. Amongst this changing and varied landscape are traditional villages, ancient towns and modern cities which tell a tale of advancing Greek and Persian armies, marauding Mongolian hordes, traders selling their wares along the Silk Road, philosophers, astronomers, Communist experiments and post-Soviet eccentrics. Journey past giant burning gas pits, intrinsically tiled mosques, alpine lakes bordered by yurt camps, grand monuments, rural villages and colourful markets on this epic trip through the heart of Central Asia.
On to the Taurus mountains where we really did have snow and it made for some quite spectacular walking and scenery. A lovely unspoilt locale and we were so privileged to be able to visit it. The expeditions were reasonably demanding and hence rewarding; neither was the activity of snowshoeing unduly technical.
With respect to the organisation, accommodation and food I have already commented on the exceptionally detailed organisation. Accommodation was mediocre in Goreme; better in the mountains with a wonderful climbing hut for communal eating and socialising; and finished off with a rather idiosyncratic but very comfortable hotel in Kyseri. Food was plentiful and wholesome; booze expensive relative to the food - but that probably reflects the lesser importance of alcohol in this part of Turkey.
In summary, a quite wonderful holiday experience enhanced by the most congenial company of fellow travellers.”
The fortress of Nisa and the Door to Hell at Darvaza
Anau Mosque, Abiverd and Mary
Explore Merv before crossing into Uzbekistan and on to Bukhara.
Full day exploring Bukhara
Discover more of Bukhara before continuing to Samarkand.
Full day sightseeing in Samarkand
Visit Shakhrisabz and Termez.
Termez city tour.
Cross into Tajikistan; on to Dushanbe.
Into the Fann Mountains and Iskanderkul Lake.
Istravashan and Khujand
To the Ferghana Valley in Uzbekistan.
To Osh and Arslan Bob in Kyrgyzstan.
Full day in Arslan Bob
Kyzyl Oi Village
Son Kul Lake.
- 15 nights hotels, 3 nights home stays, 2 nights yurts, 1 night cottage and 1 night guest house , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 3 lunches and 8 dinners included , All breakfasts, 3 lunches and 8 dinners
- 23 days land only / flight inclusive
- Travel by minibus
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Arrival transfers for any flight, departure transfers for group flights only
- Single supplement available
- Western tour leader throughout (plus a local guide in each country)
- Any international flights to Ashgabat and from Almaty are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Five Stans of the Silk Road tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 198+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Five Stans of the Silk Road tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 565 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 29 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
The Five Stans of the Silk Road tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Five Stans of the Silk Road tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.