- Local culture
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 23 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- ‘Door to Hell’ giant burning gas pit in Turkmenistan
- Islamic architecture and ruins along the great Silk Road
- Villages and lakes of the Fann and Tien Shan Mountains
- Post Soviet grand monuments
Vast deserts, rolling steppe, fertile valleys and majestic mountains form the backdrop to the five former Soviet republics of Central Asia  which are commonly known as the five Stans. Amongst this changing and varied landscape are traditional villages, ancient towns and modern cities which tell a tale of advancing Greek and Persian armies, marauding Mongolian hordes, traders selling their wares along the Silk Road, philosophers, astronomers, Communist experiments and post-Soviet eccentrics. Journey past giant burning gas pits, intrinsically tiled mosques, alpine lakes bordered by yurt camps, grand monuments, rural villages and colourful markets on this epic trip through the heart of Central Asia. taxonomy/term/156
Hard cycling, views I'll never forget, delicious food particularly the first few days with lovely local suppliers sharing their produce, the insights into the life and culture of the region, stunning medieval villages, and most of all - great variety from the quiet pace of life, empty roads and warm welcome of the local people around gentle Cilento to the hectic & dramatic Amalfi coast - it just has it all!”
Day 1: Start Ashgabat
Day 2: Explore Ashgabat
Day 3: The fortress of Nisa and the Door to Hell at Darvaza
Day 4: Anau Mosque, Abiverd and Mary
Day 5: Explore Merv before crossing into Uzbekistan and on to Bukhara.
Day 6: Full day exploring Bukhara
Day 7: Discover more of Bukhara before continuing to Samarkand.
Day 8: Full day sightseeing in Samarkand
Day 9: Visit Shakhrisabz and Termez.
Day 10: Termez city tour.
Day 11: Cross into Tajikistan; on to Dushanbe.
Day 12: Into the Fann Mountains and Iskanderkul Lake.
Day 13: Istravashan and Khujand
Day 14: To the Ferghana Valley in Uzbekistan.
Day 15: To Osh and Arslan Bob in Kyrgyzstan.
Day 16: Full day in Arslan Bob
Day 17: Chychkn Gorge.
Day 18: Kyzyl Oi Village
Day 19-20: Son Kul Lake.
Day 21: Bishkek
Day 22: Almaty, Kazakhstan
Day 23: End Almaty
- 15 nights hotels, 3 nights home stays, 2 nights yurts, 1 night cottage and 1 night guest house , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 3 lunches and 8 dinners included , All breakfasts, 3 lunches and 8 dinners
- 23 days land only / flight inclusive
- Travel by minibus
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Arrival transfers for any flight, departure transfers for group flights only
- Single supplement available
- Western tour leader throughout (plus a local guide in each country)
- Any international flights to Ashgabat and from Almaty are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Five Stans of the Silk Road tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 215+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Five Stans of the Silk Road tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 June 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Five Stans of the Silk Road tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Five Stans of the Silk Road tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.