- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 23 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- ‘Door to Hell’ giant burning gas pit in Turkmenistan
- Islamic architecture and ruins along the great Silk Road
- Villages and lakes of the Fann and Tien Shan Mountains
- Post Soviet grand monuments
Vast deserts, rolling steppe, fertile valleys and majestic mountains form the backdrop to the five former Soviet republics of Central Asia which are commonly known as the five Stans. Amongst this changing and varied landscape are traditional villages, ancient towns and modern cities which tell a tale of advancing Greek and Persian armies, marauding Mongolian hordes, traders selling their wares along the Silk Road, philosophers, astronomers, Communist experiments and post-Soviet eccentrics. Journey past giant burning gas pits, intrinsically tiled mosques, alpine lakes bordered by yurt camps, grand monuments, rural villages and colourful markets on this epic trip through the heart of Central Asia.
effort you put in worth every step.”
Day 1: Start Ashgabat
Day 2: Explore Ashgabat
Day 3: The fortress of Nisa and the Door to Hell at Darvaza
Day 4: Anau Mosque, Abiverd and Mary
Day 5: Explore Merv before crossing into Uzbekistan and on to Bukhara.
Day 6: Full day exploring Bukhara
Day 7: Discover more of Bukhara before continuing to Samarkand.
Day 8: Full day sightseeing in Samarkand
Day 9: Visit Shakhrisabz and Termez.
Day 10: Termez city tour.
Day 11: Cross into Tajikistan; on to Dushanbe.
Day 12: Into the Fann Mountains and Iskanderkul Lake.
Day 13: Istravashan and Khujand
Day 14: To the Ferghana Valley in Uzbekistan.
Day 15: To Osh and Arslan Bob in Kyrgyzstan.
Day 16: Full day in Arslan Bob
Day 17: Chychkn Gorge.
Day 18: Kyzyl Oi Village
Day 19-20: Son Kul Lake.
Day 21: Bishkek
Day 22: Almaty, Kazakhstan
Day 23: End Almaty
- 15 nights hotels, 3 nights home stays, 2 nights yurts, 1 night cottage and 1 night guest house , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 3 lunches and 8 dinners included , All breakfasts, 3 lunches and 8 dinners
- 23 days land only / flight inclusive
- Travel by minibus
- All transport and listed activities
- Arrival transfers for any flight, departure transfers for group flights only
- Single supplement available
- Western tour leader throughout (plus a local guide in each country)
- Any international flights to/from Ashgabat are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Five Stans of the Silk Road tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 205 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 0 days before departure. For any departures within 12 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
The Five Stans of the Silk Road tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Five Stans of the Silk Road tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.