- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Walk the heady ‘Path of the Gods’ to Positano
- Stroll through Amalfi’s cobbled streets
- Discover 2000 yearold history in Pompeii
- Feel at home at our familyrun hotel with a pool
The Amalfi Coast is one of the most dramatic coastlines in Europe. Mountains jut steeply out of the Mediterranean and picturesque towns nestled in the coves below. Walking the ancient hillsides studded with lemon groves and framed by deep gorges, we descend from the Agerola Plain to the quaint towns of Positano, Ravello, and of course Amalfi itself. No visit to the Bay of Naples would be complete without a trip to see the remains of Pompeii under the imposing volcanic cone of Mount Vesuvius. The highlight of this Amalfi Coast guided walking holiday is saved till last with arguably the world's best coastal walk: the 'Walk of the Gods'. Away from the trails we partake in a favourite traditional pastime and sample incredible food and wine just like the Italians do.*Why with Exodus? *The perfect combination of idyllic coastal views, heritage sites, and picturesque towns make the Amalfi Coast our most popular destination for walking. We have been operating this trip for over 15 years, using the comfortable Hotel Due Torri run by the friendly Acampora family who offer genuine Italian hospitality and ensure everyone has a wonderful stay. *Temporary changes due to COVID-security measures.**Last updated: 8 October 2020* At Exodus we acknowledge our responsibility to have the most up to date information on anything that will affect our customers on holiday, and to communicate this to our customers as effectively as possible.Our general global COVID security measures are described in our *Travel">https://www.exodus.co.uk/travel-safety-charter">*Travel**Safety Charter, and changes will be made to these measures as required by the global pandemic situation.However, we also expect there to be specific requirements, measures and sometimes itinerary changes that apply to certain trips only, and may well be temporary measures. We have highlighted all known changes in the section below. *Entry requirements.*For all trips, having the correct documentation and visa, if required, remains the customer’s responsibility based on their own nationality. We therefore encourage all travellers to check entry requirements using the travel advice of their home nation for the relevant destination. For UK passport holders that is *https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice*In">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice">*https://www.gov.... order to meet the new immigration requirements for Italy you should note the following:*-From the 8th October 2020 a negative COVID-19 test result is required when you arrive in Italy from the UK. The test needs to have been carried out in the 72 hours prior to your travel and should be a molecular (PCR) or an antigenic test. You’ll be asked to show proof of your test date and result at the border. You should not use the NHS testing service to get a test in order to facilitate your travel to another country. You should arrange to take a private test.-Although PCR tests are available at some Italian airports on arrival, we ask that you are tested before your departure in the UK as the local results may not be ready prior to joining your group and you may be forced to self-isolate for up to 72 hours, or several weeks in case of a positive test.-Please complete a self-declaration form for all international arrivals into Italy. The form you will need can be found following this link *https://www.esteri.it/mae/en/ministero/normativaonline/decreto-iorestoacasa-domande-frequenti/focus-cittadini-italiani-in-rientro-dall-estero-e-cittadini-stranieri-in-italia.html*. This">https://www.esteri.it/mae/en/ministero/normativaonline/decreto-iorestoac... self-declaration cannot be filled out online, so you will need to download and print a paper copy to complete.- You will be required to go through a temperature test.*Itinerary changes*There are /*no planned itinerary changes*/. However, customers should be prepared for occasional short notice changes as required by local authorities or recommended by the Exodus Leader to maintain COVID-security for the group.Italian Local authorities have recently issued new rules regarding the use of *face masks*. Please note that it is now compulsory to wear a face mask in all outdoor spaces 24 hours a day. The use of masks remains mandatory in all enclosed public spaces such as supermarkets, shops, museums, except when seated at a restaurant or bar. You leader will help you assessing when and where it is required for you to wear your mask and detailed information will be provided during the initial trip briefing.
Day 1: Start Agerola.
Day 2: An impressive walk to top of Monte Tre Calli for great wide open views of the
Day 3: Follow mule tracks and steps down to Amalfi; free afternoon to explore the
famous cathedral or the Paper Mill Museum.
Day 4: Drive to the Bay of Naples; visit the fascinating ruins of Pompeii and take
an optional walk up the vast crater of Mt Vesuvius.
Day 5: Walk from Ravello to Amalfi through the forests of the Valle delle Ferriere
Day 6: Free day to relax or take a boat to Capri, visit Naples or Herculaneum (all
Day 7: 'Walk of the Gods' with superb panoramic views all the way to Positano;
return by boat to Amalfi; try some locally-made Mozzarella cheese.
Day 8: End Agerola.
- 7 nights family-run hotel with small outdoor swimming pool and en suite facilities , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 4 packed lunches, and 6 dinners
- All transport by private minibus and boat
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Transfers for group flights
- 4 days centre-based guided walking; 1 sightseeing day with an additional optional walk and 1 free day
- Group normally 5 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs.
- Altitude maximum 1109m, average 600m
- Not suitable for severe vertigo sufferers
- Moderate walks, leisurely pace; good level of fitness recommended
- Order of activities and walks subject to change depending on the number of groups booked each week
- Any international flights to/from Agerola are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking the Amalfi Coast tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 58+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking the Amalfi Coast tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 June 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Walking the Amalfi Coast tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking the Amalfi Coast tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.