- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Mask Ceremonies See the stilt dancers from the hill villages of the Yacouba
- Sacred Warriors Meet the chiefs of the Dozo people, sacred guardians who watch over the local villages
- Rainforest Explore rainforests throughout the country and look for monkeys, baboons and birdlife
- The Spirit World Learn about the power of Poro; the initiation of local men into secret societies
After years of isolation, Ivory Coast is finally opening up to travellers and on this trip we will be exploring remote villages; untouched by the western world where the spirit gods and ancestral traditions are king. Mask Ceremonies - See the stilt dancers from the hill villages of the Yacouba Rainforest - Explore the country's pristine rainforests in search of monkeys, baboons and birdlife Traditional life - Visit bustling markets, meet hunter-gatherer tribesman and embrace the colours, songs and secrets that make up this fascinating country
Day 1 : Join trip in Abidjan
Day 2 : Meet the Baule people and see a Goli Masquerade
Day 3 : Drive to Korhogo and meet the Senoufo people
Day 4 : Discover Senoufo villages and see the traditional Poro 'panther' dance
Day 5 : Countryside walk through to a sacred shrine; afternoon meeting the Fulani nomads
Day 6 : Drive to Odienne and meet a community of Dozon (Malinke hunters)
Day 7 : Full day journey to Man visiting Yacouba villages en route and opportunity to watch a masked dance
Day 8 : Walk to La Cascade Waterfall, visit nearby villages and watch a Gba mask dance
Day 9 : City tour of Man before afternoon journey to Daloa
Day 10 : Take in the impressive city sights of Yamoussoukro
Day 11 : Guided tour of Abidjan before driving to Grand Bassam for some time to relax on the Atlantic Coast
Day 12 : Explore colonial Grand Bassam before a free afternoon to relax
Day 13 : Trip ends in Grand Bassam
- 12 nights comfortable hotel
- 12 Breakfast
- Bus, Boat, Ferry
- Explore Tour Leader, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Abidjan and from Grand Bassam are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Ivory Coast tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 181 today.
- Save US$ 120+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Ivory Coast tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 343 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 21 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
The Ivory Coast tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Ivory Coast tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.