Ukraine - Tour Highlights and Travel Tips
Ukraine is an underrated beauty which hides many riches under her lush and fertile black soil. This country is not very rich in economy, but makes up for it by their colorful culture. Holidays to Ukraine will be affordable, friendly with fine climates – the kind of features many travelers look for in a travel destination.
Ukraine’s naturally beautiful lands consist of beautiful vast fields of grains which do not constantly get swamped by tourists like many popular European countries. When speaking of biodiversity, Ukraine’s wildlife is plenty and varied. A trip to Ukraine will have a little bit of everything with its beaches, mountains, history, architecture, art and culture.
- Visit St Volodymyr’s Cathedral
- Take a romantic train ride through the Tunnel of Love
- Look out over the Crimean Sea from the Swallow’s Nest Castle
- Go white water rafting on the Black Cheremosh River
- Explore Pripyat, a ghost town near Chernobyl
- See a performance at the Odessa Opera and Ballet Theatre
- Stroll through Gorky Central Park
- If visiting the Ukraine in the winter, be prepared for some very harsh weather. The temperature can drop to 25 degrees below zero. Dress warm, and bring shoes with good grip for walking on ice.
- Some areas of Ukraine, particularly in the East near the borders with Russia, may be restricted to tourists. If you avoid these areas, your trip to Ukraine will be perfectly safe and pleasant.
- English can be hard to come by in Ukraine, and those who speak English can be very shy when asked to do so. At the very least, bring a phrasebook or download a translation app before your visit.
- For the best shopping and to truly give back to the communities you visit, be sure to shop in bazaars. Buying from local artisans might be a bit more expensive, but you’ll be thankful for your unique, quality souvenirs.
- It is generally advised to always carry a copy of your passport and visa with you when travelling around the Ukraine.