- Museum and gallery visits
- Countryside and village visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Tokyo Cruise along the Sumida River, see the Sensoji Temple, Meiji Shrine and Shibuya Crossing
- Matsumoto Matsumoto Castle One of the few original and complete castles in Japan, giving a real sense of ancient Japan and how the Samurai used to live and fight
- Daio Wasabi Farm Taste this unique delicacy and enjoy the spectacular scenery
- Takayama Ancient town famed for its narrow streets lined with inns, tea houses, shops and merchant houses. And visit a traditional Hida village on the outskirts of town
ESCORTED GROUP TOUR: See Japan in 2022! Springtime is possibly one of the best times to visit Japan, when cherry blossom trees come out in full bloom across the nation. Take in the highlights, visit some of the country’s most beautiful gardens, witness the famous Spring Geisha Dances in Kyoto, enjoy a traditional tea ceremony and sample the crop (if you dare) at Japan's oldest Wasabi Farm.
Day: 1 Welcome to Japan
Day: 2 Tokyo
Day: 3 Matsumoto
Day: 4 Takayama
Day: 5 Takayama
Day: 6 Kanazawa
Day: 7 Kyoto
Day: 8 Hiroshima
Day: 9 Kyoto
Day: 10-11 Hakone
Day: 12 Tokyo
Day: 13 Tokyo
- 12 nights 3 - 4 star accommodation (including 2 nights in a traditional Japanese Inn in Takayama)
- Airport arrival and departure transfers to tour hotel on day 1 and day 13 by shared public shuttle bus transfers from either Narita or Haneda Airports
- Breakfast daily and 5 dinners
- All relevant transfers and transportation - private buses and rail passes - individual or other (including Tokyo Transport Pass and 2 day Hakone Free Pass), and luggage forwarding on day 7,10 and 12
- Guided sightseeing and walking tours in Tokyo, Matsumoto, Kanazawa, Takayama, Kyoto and Hakone
- Ticket to the Spring Geisha Dances (Miyako Odori performance - TBC, please see Trip Notes) and guided tour of the Gion Geisha District in Kyoto
- Escorted by a licensed English speaking Japanese tour guide
- Day trip to Hiroshima with visits to Peace Park, Peace Park Museum, various memorials and the A-Bomb site
- Sumida River boat cruise in Tokyo
- Fuji Hakone National Park, with lake cruise, cable cars, ropeways and switchback trains
- Entrance fees to all included sightseeing
- International flights and visa
- Tip for your tour guide. We recommend you allow USD$3-5 per day, per traveller. Tipping your guide is an entirely personal gesture
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 360 today.
- Earn US$ 240+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cherry Blossom Festival - 13 days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 December 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cherry Blossom Festival - 13 days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cherry Blossom Festival - 13 days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and during transport.
- Solo travelers are required to purchase a single room for your personal use.