Sydney - Tour Highlights and Travel Tips
- Many visitors on an Australia tour visit Sydney to marvel at one of the most iconic landmarks in the world, the Sydney Opera House.
- Possibly the most Instagram-worthy beach in the world, dip in Bondi’s revitalising waters.
- Walk or climb Sydney Harbour Bridge for spectacular views of the harbour.
- Eat authentic dishes in Chinatown, or keep walking into Koreatown and Thaitown until you find a cuisine you fancy.
- Art Gallery of NSW is the place for must-see exhibitions.
- A trip to Sydney Observatory is a great family day out. Or get romantic with a stargazing session.
- Get up close and personal with Australian wildlife at Taronga Zoo.
- Foodie’s need to take a visit to Sydney Fish Market for some of the freshest seafood around.
- Slightly less famous than Bondi, the golden sands of Manly beach are a welcome respite.
- Get a rechargeable Opal travel card for free.
- Many museums in Sydney are free including the White Rabbit Gallery and Sydney Observatory.
- Shop at some of the great markets in Sydney and cook your own meals to save money.
- The coldest season is June- August with the warmest being November - February.
- If you’re dependent on Wi-Fi, consider a personal hotspot because the internet can be slow at times.
- There’s great transport links, but expect to do a lot of walking in Sydney.