- Food tour
- duration 3.5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Chow down on a delicious meal with freshlysqueezed sugar cane juice – yum!
- Experience the charm of traditional Chinatown in the heart of cosmopolitan Singapore
- Feast on typical goodies like rice cakes, poh piah (fresh spring roll), chicken rice, and
- Learn all about the origins of Singapore’s diverse Chinatown neighbourhood and how the ear
Your guide will introduce you to the hawker centre and help you pick out some of the most authentic, tasty Singaporean treats. Savour the famous chicken rice along with delicious poh piah (fresh spring roll). Then try some mouth-watering local Chinese delights such as chwee kueh (water rice cake) with freshly crushed, ice cold sugar cane juice.
While you chow down on your food, your local guide will be sharing with you some Singapore history, information about the city’s rich culture, and some local know-how on how this food is prepared. You’ll also learn how hawker centres came to be, and why this tradition is so close to the Singaporeans’ hearts. This tour is interactive – we encourage you to ask your local guide plenty of questions about all that you can see and taste.
We continue with our exploration of the chinatown complex with a visit to the wet market where you will find the freshest meat, sea food, vegetables and other cooking ingredients under one roof. Come face to face with exotic live produce such as frogs, eels and even turles which are all part of the Chinese delicacy for sale. After your indulgence with food and its sources, you are now ready to hit the streets of Chinatown to continue your Chinatown food adventure! Learn about the history of the early migrants in this unique enclave and how they came to settle and build their lives here. Experience how people from all places live in harmony in Chinatown as we pass by religious sites dotted along the same street. Learn why chinatown is also call ‘Niu Che Sui’ and why the oldest hindu temple is located here. We continue our Singapore food tours with more local delicacies. This time with a freshly brewed teh or kopi tarik (pull tea / coffee) and a taste of Singaporean fusion with a tasty roti prata and more delicious local delights. While you indulge in the food, your tour guide will continue to fill you in on a few final bits of local knowledge. We wind up our chinatown food tours with more Q & A and recommendation to other places of interest that you may like to visit for the rest of your stay in singapore. The Chinatown food adventure is truly a crash course to the singapore culture. You will complete the tour with all your food cravings satisfied along with lots of information on singapore to take home with.
- Proffessional English speaking Guide
- Food and drinks stated in Itinerary
- Alcoholic beverages
- Additional food, items of a personal nature,
- tips / gratuities for your guide.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.