- Wander the fully-preserved streets of Pompeii on a guided tour
- View the death casts of people caught in the eruption and peek into shops, temples
- Enjoy a stunning drive along the Amalfi Coast with a stop for lunch (or shopping)
- With round-trip transport included from Rome by luxury A/C minibus
We pick you up in central Rome in an air-conditioned mini-bus, the most comfortable way to navigate the jaw-dropping cliff drive that awaits us. When we arrive in Pompeii, we’ll skip the lines and be met by one of our expert, English-speaking guides who have dedicated their lives to studying Pompeii. As they walk you through the shops, temples, public baths, and houses that made up the thriving city, they’ll recount the fascinating stories of life in the ancient city; and how it was decimated by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius. The tour will also visit the famous plaster death casts of unfortunate people caught in the eruption and, if appropriate for the group, an ancient brothel.
After Pompeii, it’s back into the bus for one of the most unforgettable drives of your life down the hairpin turns and panoramic vistas of the Amalfi coast. It won’t take long for you to see why this is considered Italy’s most scenic drive (although certainly not the easiest to navigate - you’ll be glad you have a driver!).
Along the way your guide will enrich the journey with some background on the area’s history and culture, teaching you what life is like at the foot of the world’s most dangerous volcano. After your guide gives you background on the history and culture of the area, you’ll arrive in the lovely Positano.
Following in the footsteps of literary greats like Shelley, Goethe and Steinbeck, you’ll be free to explore this little town on foot, sampling its incredible seafood, browsing the fashionable boutiques, or ordering bespoke, handmade sandals.
Trying to see the sights of the Amalfi Coast on your own is a notorious hassle with lines, traffic, and all those hair-pin turns. This tour takes out the stress and distills it into an unforgettable day trip of culture, history, and archaeology. In a group or 15 people or fewer, you will have intimate access to your expert tour guide who will not only ensure that you get where you want to go, but also make the coast come alive with the stories of its past.
- Round-trip transport from Rome
- Express entrance tickets to Pompeii
- Expert Pompeii tour guide
- Guided tour at Pompeii & introduction to Positano town
- Free time in Positano town
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
> Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
> Please note that lunch is not included in this service. You will have free time to eat at Positano and your guide will be happy to recommend places to eat a full sit-down meal or to grab something quick while shopping.
> Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
> Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
- For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
- For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
- For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.