- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Unearth a traditional and tranquil side of Mallorca
- Stay in characterful accommodation including a converted monastery
- Enjoy coastal panoramas and walks up into the dramatic Tramuntana Mountains
- Walk through ancient forests and spot birds of prey including falcons, osprey and vultures
Behind Mallorca’s (also known as Majorca) façade lies a tranquil and timeless landscape. Rising abruptly out of the island’s interior are the craggy outcrops of the Tramuntana Mountains (Unesco site since 2011), over which birds of prey can often be seen soaring on the breeze. Following a network of established trails, we trek to some of the highest peaks and enjoy spectacular vistas to the Mediterranean. Elsewhere, we discover picturesque hamlets complete with mediaeval churches, and pass terraced hillsides adorned with sun-kissed citrus trees. In contrast, our coastal walks will reveal sleepy fishing marinas, secret coves and pebble bays.
Start Puerto Sóller.
Walk to picturesque Deia, stopping for a refreshing dip at Cala Deia en
route- Moderate (level 3) & Challenging (level 5) departures
Tram ride to Sóller; take the 'Pilgrim Steps' from Biniaraitx before
ascending Es Cornadors - Moderate (level 3) & Challenging (level 5)
Follow the 19th Century Archduke’s Bridleway from Valldemossa to 'S'Atalaia
Vella'; afternoon free - Moderate (level 3) departure
Leave Puerto Sóller along a coastal mule track to Cala Tuent; transfer to
Lluc Monastery - Moderate (level 3) departure
A wonderful circular walk around Muleta de Binifaldo, passing ancient oak
forests - Moderate (level 3) departure
Ascent of Puig d'en Galileu (1181m), one of the island's highest peaks -
Moderate (level 3) departure
Day 8: End Lluc.
- 4 nights comfortable hotel and 3 nights monastery, usually with en suite facilities , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 4 picnic lunches (6 on level 5 weeks) and 1 dinner
- Transfer for group flights
- 5.5 days walking; 1 free afternoon
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Low altitude throughout
- Challenging departures available on selected dates
- Any international flights to Puerto Soller and from Palma are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking in Mallorca tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 54+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking in Mallorca tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 155 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 29 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Walking in Mallorca tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking in Mallorca tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.