- Learn about the tragic events of September 11, 2001 at the 9/11 Memorial
- Insider’s view of September 11 from a guide with personal experience.
- See the new One World Trade Center
- Explore the monuments like St. Paul’s Chapel, the Fireman’s Memorial & the Survivor’s tree
With an expert local guide, you’ll explore not just the 9/11 Memorial & Museum, but the areas and landmarks around the World Trade Center that featured so poignantly in news reports after the attacks. Traveling in small groups, you’ll visit St. Paul’s Chapel, where friends and families gathered to hear news of their loved ones, and where handmade prayers and memorials still lie.
At Brookfield Place (previously known as the World Financial Center) you’ll learn about the economic effects of the attack and the struggle to rebuild afterwards. You’ll visit the Eleven Tears Memorial, a touching and personal memorial, which commemorates the 11 American Express employees that died in 9/11. The Winter Garden is another must-see on Vesey Street. You may have missed it on your own, but with a local guide leading the way, you won’t miss a beat.
After that we’ll head for Ground Zero, to see the stunning 9/11 Memorial Pools, each one built in the footprint of one of the twin towers, and inscribed with the names of all those who perished in the attack. Your guide will take this time to give you a more personal account of the tragedy that unfolded here, taking you to the Fireman’s Memorial and the Survivor Tree to tell you the incredible stories of courage and loss that unfolded right where you stand.
The last stop on our tour is one we’ll let you manage on your own. The 9/11 Museum is a very well curated space, with artifacts salvaged from the event on display, alongside countless personal stories. It’s a very moving visit, best taken in at your own pace in silence. We still have one last perk though – we’ve pre-reserved your museum tickets, so you’ll skip long lines to gain immediate access.
We’ve kept our groups small for this tour to ensure a level of intimacy and peace that’s fitting for such a visit, and have chosen only the best local guides to give your tour a more personal feel, giving the 9/11 Memorial and its surrounds a more human context.
- Expert local tour guide
- Reserved 5pm timed-entry 9/11 Museum tickets (non-guided)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
• Please note that guests will need to pass through airport style security to enter the 9/11 Memorial Museum. Certain items are not permitted in the Museum and such items will be confiscated and will not be returned. Please refer to 9/11 Museum's guidelines on specific prohibited items: http://www.911memorial.org/security-screening.
• 9/11 Memorial Museum is non-guided with 5pm entry. An average visit takes approximately two hours.
• Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. If you are running late or cannot find your guide or driver, please call our emergency number at 1-888-683-8671 and we will make every effort to help you. We want you to join us, however we cannot delay the departure of a group tour for a guest who is running late.
• Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory
• St Paul's Chapel is closed on Tuesdays & Thursdays for renovations for the forseeable future and may also be closed on other dates. On the days when St. Paul's Chapel is closed, we will tour the grounds and substitute our inside visit for additional sites important to the events of 9/11 but not normally covered on the tour.
Meeting Point Information:
Through March 31, 2017 - The tour meets outside St. Paul's Chapel, 209 Broadway, between Fulton Street and Vesey Street, on the porch.
From April 1, 2017: In front of St Peters Church, at the intersection of Barclay and Church Street
For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or d