- Early ferry to Liberty Island (arriving before the crowds!)
- Tour of historic Ellis Island immigration center and museum
- Visit the 9/11 Memorial and surrounding areas (including St. Paul’s Chapel)
Our day starts early, at Battery Park. With priority boarding you’ll be one of the first people aboard one of the first boats to Liberty Island. Once docked, your guide will lead you on a tour of the island and on to the great lady of NYC – the Statue of Liberty. During your guided tour, you’ll enjoy special access to the statue pedestal, allowing you to get closer to the statue than general access visitors. All the better to admire her beauty!
It’s back aboard the ferry then for the short ride to Ellis Island. Here you’ll be particularly grateful for your expert guide as they lead you through the immigration process undergone by 12 million new arrivals. Walk the Stairs of Separation and get a feel for how it must have felt for lovers and families as they awaited their fate – and the start of a new life in land of the free.
Your guide will walk you through the fantastic exhibits of the Ellis Island Museum, answering any questions you may have. This is where the first part of your tour ends, and with 2 - 2.5 hours before the next leg of our Lower Manhattan journey, you have plenty of time to spare. Spend a little while more on Ellis Island if you like, before hopping on the ferry back to Battery Park (included in the price) and getting lunch on your way to the meeting point for our afternoon activity – a complete 9/11 tour.
Rather than just visiting the memorial and museum, we want to offer you a full picture of what happened on that terrible day from a local perspective. With a local guide on hand you’ll learn how it impacted the community (and the rest of the world), and how hard NYC fought to get back on its feet.
With that in mind, we start not at the 9/11 Memorial itself, but at St. Paul’s Chapel. This is where people gathered after the attack to await news of their loved ones, to mourn, pray and offer support. The walls here are still covered in touching handmade memorials, reminding visitors that 9/11 wasn’t just a huge global and political event, but a crippling personal tragedy for thousands of New Yorkers.
Next we’ll visit Brookfield Place (previously known as the World Financial Center) where you’ll learn about the massive economic effects that the 9/11 attacks had. We’ll see the Eleven Tears Memorial, a touching and personal memorial, which commemorates the 11 American Express employees that died in 9/11; plus the stunning Winter Garden atrium.
Your guide will take you next to the official 9/11 Memorial and the two Memorial Pools, each one built in the footprint of one of the towers and inscribed with the names of victims. You’ll visit the Fireman’s Memorial and learn of the endless courage of those who worked around the clock for days to save the victims of the attack – often at the cost of their own lives. The Survivor Tree is another poignant site you may have missed on your own. Don’t worry, with our expert local guides on hand, you won’t miss a beat.
The last site on our tour, the 9/11 Memorial Museum, is wonderfully curated, with a artifacts salvaged from the attack and harrowing personal stories.
With all the details taken care of throughout the day, our Lower Manhattan Tour takes the hassle out of navigating NYC’s two busiest attractions. And with small groups and an expert local guide, you’re guaranteed to get so much more from these special experiences.
- Reserved 5 PM timed-entry 9/11 Museum tickets (non-guided)
- Fully guided Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Museum tour
- Pedestal Tickets for Statue of Liberty
- All ferry tickets between Battery Park, Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Statue of Liberty Crown
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Transfers between tours
8- 8.5 hours (depending on 8:30 or 9am start):
4 hours (Statue of Liberty & Ellis Walking Tour)
2 - 2.5 hours free time
2 hours (Guided 9/11Memorial Tour)
Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island Morning Portion:
• Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure. It is important to be on time for this tour due to ferry schedules. We cannot delay the departure of a group tour for a guest who is running late.
• The ferry does not operate during heavy rain or other adverse weather conditions; when this occurs, an alternative option is provided.
• Please note this tour does not include a visit to the Statue of Liberty's Crown, due to security measures in place by the National Park Services who manage the Statue of Liberty.
• Tour participants must be able to climb 215 stairs from Statue lobby to the top of the Pedestal (There is an elevator, but it is for emergency only or special circumstances, such as a guest with a disability and elevator can only fit 6 people at a time.)
• Please note this tour does not include a visit to the Statue of Liberty's Crown, due to security measures in place by the National Park Services who manage the Statue of Liberty
• Please note that guests will need to pass through airport style security to enter the Statue of Liberty. Certain items are not permitted in the Statue of Liberty and such items will be confiscated and will not be returned. Please refer to the Statue of Liberty’s guidelines on specific prohibited items.
• There is an elevator at Statue pedestal, but it is for emergency only or special circumstances, such as a guest with a disability. Although both Liberty Island (Statue) and Ellis Island are wheelchair accessible, Pedestal access to the Statue is NOTpossible due to narrow space of the pedestal. Please see FAQs for additional details.
• Please be aware that upon arrival at Liberty Island, if you are carrying a backpack or large bags you are required to put your bag/s into a locker which costs $2.00 in bills only (no coins accepted). Please be sure to have dollar bills for the lockers. Food and beverages must be stored in lockers upon arrival at Statue.
9/11 Memorial Walking with Museum Tour Afternoon Portion:
• Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
• St Paul's Chapel is closed on Tuesdays & Thursdays for renovations for the forseeable future and may also be closed on other dates. On the days when St. Paul's Chapel is closed, we will tour the grounds and substitute our inside visit for additional sites important to the events of 9/11 but not normally covered on the tour.
• Please note that guests will need to pass through airport style security to enter the 9/11 Memorial Museum. Certain items are not permitted in the Museum and such items will be confiscated and will not be returned. Please refer to 9/11 Museum's guidelines on specific prohibited items.
• 9/11 Memorial Museum is non-guided with 5pm entry. An average visit takes approximately two hours.
• Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. If you are running late or cannot find your guide or driver, please call our emergency number at 1-888-683-8671 and we will make every effort to help you. We want you to join us, however, we cannot delay the departure of a group tour for a guest who is running late.
• Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory
For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or d