- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Baroque Lecce and cristalclear sea in Salento
- 'Trulli' houses in Alberobello
- Visit the unique UNESCO town of Matera
Puglia, known for its whitewashed hill towns, traditional farmland, fine cuisine and sweeping Mediterranean coastline, is Italy’s southern heel and, until recently, its best kept secret. With a focus on art, architecture, traditions and local cuisine, this trip explores the region’s highlights. From Matera, a UNESCO listed town carved into bare limestone rock, where centuries-old caves are still inhabited, we travel to the elegant white city of Ostuni and on to the mediaeval coastal town of Otranto and Baroque Lecce, known as the ‘Florence of the South’.
Full day sightseeing in Matera, including a tour of the UNESCO "Sassi"
district; overnight in Matera.
Drive to Alberobello via the charming fishing town of Polignano a Mare;
sightseeing and overnight in traditional 'trullo'.
Free day. Visit the Castellana Caves or Monopoli by the Adriatic Sea.
Explore the charming hilltop town of Ostuni; olive oil tasting and
pasta-making class in traditional masseria.
Transfer to Otranto; visit the historic centre; afternoon optional coastal
walk or relax at the beach (seasonal); transfer to Lecce.
Morning guided tour of baroque Lecce; afternoon free time.
- 7 nights 3 and 4-star hotels with en suite facilities , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 1 lunch/cookery class, 1 wine tasting
- 8 days land only / 8 days flight inclusive
- Travel by air-conditioned private minibus
- London flights (if booking incl. flights)
- Airport transfers for group flights
- Group normally 6-18, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Any international flights to Matera and from Lecce are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Puglia: Discover the Heel of Italy tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 66+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Puglia: Discover the Heel of Italy tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 188 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 03 June 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Puglia: Discover the Heel of Italy tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Puglia: Discover the Heel of Italy tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.