- Fátima Sanctuary
- Nazaré, a traditional fishing village
- Óbidos Moorish Castle
- Batalha Monastery (UNESCO World Heritage)
We depart first to encounter Óbidos and meet its medieval walls, rustic white houses and the rich and varied local traditions of the town. We then leave Óbidos for Alcobaça to take in the imposing monastery church (UNESCO world heritage), the first Gothic church to be built in Portugal and home to the tombs of the ill-starred lovers D. Pedro and D. Inês de Castro. We then head onto the picturesque and colourful fishing town of Nazaré for lunch. There’s also the chance to find out something about the legends and traditions of this town. When possible, we go to Sítio, to marvel at its wonderful views out over Nazaré and its beaches. We then move onto Batalha to visit the monastery church (also UNESCO world heritage), a Gothic masterpiece with the most finely worked stained-glass windows. Finally, we reach the Our Lady of Fátima Sanctuary, an altar of the Christian faith and site of world pilgrimage. There is also the Chapel of Apparitions with its portrayal of Our Lady of Fátima. Take the time also for the location of the Basilica with the tombs of the three witnesses, and the Church of the Holy Trinity, the fourth largest in the world by capacity. You have some some free time to attend mass. Travelling through this colourful agricultural region, we return to Lisbon.
Leaving Lisbon, we drive northwards and arrive at our first point of visit: the beautiful walled town of Óbidos with its picturesque streets and the Pousada do Castelo. We then drive to Alcobaça to visit the 12 th century Church with the tombs of D. Pedro and Inês de Castro For lunch, we go to Nazaré - The most colourful of Portuguese fishing villages. If possible we go to the Sitio to have a panoramic view of the beach and the village. In the afternoon we visit the Batalha Monastery, a masterpiece of the Gothic style considered a World Heritage by UNESCO. Arrival at Hotel in Fátima. Evening free (to eventually assist mass service). Accommodation at hotel in Fátima on BB bases.
After breakfast at hotel, day at disposal for activities of a personal nature in Fátima, center of Christian Faith and a local of World Pilgrimage, to visit the church where the tombstones of Lucia, Jacinta and Francisco are, as well as the Chapel of Apparitions, heart of the Shrine. You will have time to assist a mass. At the end of the day we will return to Lisbon through the colourful farming region.
- Pick-up at any Lisbon Hotel.
- Accommodation on buffet breakfast bases
- Air-Conditioned Bus or Minivan Transportation
- Tour Guide during all tour
- Entrance Fees for Batalha and Alcobaça Monasteries (both UNESCO World Heritage Sites)
- Lunch on the 1st day at an Ocean view Restaurant
- Free time at Fátima
- Optional Gratuities
- Additional meals not previously mentioned (Dinner supplement at hotel in Fátima: 32€ per pax)
- For clients staying at Estoril Coast, Sintra and Cascais area hotels, we offer pick up and drop off service for an additional charge. We also provide the pick up service in Costa da Caparica and Sesim
- Dinner Supplement at Fátima hotel: 32.00€ p/ pax.
Requests will only be accepted if made 48 hours prior to service date and guaranteed after payment.
Cancellation: until 24 hours before departure - no cancellation fee. After this deadline, there is no refund.
Also note that:
- Departure time: 09.00 am
- Frequency: Daily except all 10th, 11th, 12th of each month as well as Jan 1st, Dec 24th, 25th and 31st.
- Languages available: Portuguese, English, Spanish and German.
- Tickets for children up to the age of four are free but only include transport (with any other costs incurred by the accompanying adult).
- Children aged between five and ten pay 50 % of the adult fee.
- The amount presented is related to the amount of two people in a double room BB
- This tour has a minimum 4 passenger requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met.
- In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, a refund will be provided.
- The difference between the "premium" and "classic" tour options is in regards to hotel categories, the inclusions/exclusions of monument entrance fees and meals.
- Luggage is the responsibility of the client and attention should be paid when loading and unloading.
- Monuments are closed on public holidays.
Pick Up: Hotels in Lisbon
Drop 0ff:Hotels in Lisbon