- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit impressive Gothic and Romanesque cathedrals
- Enjoy the varied and beautiful landscapes of Castilla and Galicia
- Follow the famous pilgrimage route to Santiago
The Camino de Santiago de Compostela across northern Spain is one of the world's oldest pilgrimage routes. Also known as 'The Way of St James', it originated in the region of Galicia where the tomb of the Apostle James the Great was discovered in the 9th century. The way is marked by the symbol of the scallop shell and the grooves that join together are said to represent the many different routes pilgrims take to reach Santiago. The Gothic cathedrals, medieval monasteries and miles of beautiful rural scenery make this section of the ancient route so popular.
Day 1: Start León.
Day 2: Ride across the plains of Castille through countryside and quaint villages to
Day 3: Climb into the mountains of Leon to the Monte de la Cruz de Ferro; descend to
Day 4: Ride to Villafranca with views across the wine region of El Bierzo and the
mountains of Leon
Day 5: Long ascent to the village of O'Cebreiro. Enter Galicia's landscape of
traditional agricultural villages; cycle past Samos Monastery on the way to
Day 6: Cycle along tree-lined paths to Portomarin, rebuilt on a hilltop in the
1950's in order to construct a reservoir; continue to Palas de Rei.
Day 7: Short ascents and descents to Monte de Gozo; follow the pilgrims' route to
the cathedral of Santiago de Compostela.
Day 8: End Santiago de Compostela.
- 7 nights in hotels and Casa Rurales , All accommodation
- All breakfasts
- 6 days cycling with partial vehicle support
- London flights (if booking incl. flights)
- 50% tarmac roads, 50% gravel roads and tracks
- Some climbs to be expected
- Group normally 6 to 16 plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- E-bikes available from £110 per person
- Airport transfers
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to Leon and from Santiago De Compostela are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle the Camino de Santiago tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 86+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle the Camino de Santiago tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 245 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 11 September 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cycle the Camino de Santiago tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle the Camino de Santiago tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.