- duration 26 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cross two of Nepal's most exciting passes; Larkya and Thorong La
- Experience the diverse landscapes of Nepal, from lush subtropical forests to dramatic gorges and alongside immense glaciers
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the Annapurna and Manaslu ranges
- Come face to face with ancient Buddhist villages near the Tibetan border
The combination of the Manaslu and Annapurna Circuits make this section of the Great Himalaya Trail a must do for first time trekkers to Nepal and Himalayan enthusiasts alike. This section of the GHT combines the Manaslu Circuit, with the region's most famous trail, the northern section of the Annapurna Circuit, to produce a superb trek that will challenge any Himalayan trekker! Circling Manaslu (8163m), the world's seventh highhest mountain, is a rugged and less developed trail through ancient Buddhist villages close to the Tibetan border, which culminates in a crossing of the high and windswept Larkye La (5105m). From there, the trail descends and intersects with the classic Annapurna Circuit in the village of Dharapani. We head north along this very scenic trail, with great views of the Annapurna massif, and once again gain in altitude as we trek through Manang and eventually over the Thorung La (5416m). The views from this pass are exceptional, stretching out over the Tibetan plateau and the region of Mustang. We descend the pass through the important pilgrimage town of Muktinath and onto Kagbeni, an ancient village with a great location on the Kali Gandhaki Gorge.
Day 1 : Arrive Kathmandu
Day 2 : Free day in Kathmandu
Day 3 : Drive to Arughat Bazaar (500m), approx. 7 hrs.
Day 4 : Trek to Soti Khola (730m), walk approx. 5hrs.
Day 5 : To Machha Khola (930m), walk approx. 5 hrs.
Day 6 : To Jagat (1340m), walk approx. 5.5hrs.
Day 7 : To Philim (1570m), walk approx. 4hrs.
Day 8 : To Deng (1860m), walk approx. 5hrs.
Day 9 : To Namrung (2630m), walk approx. 5hrs.
Day 10 : To Sama (3520m), walk approx. 6hrs.
Day 11-12 : To Samdo (3875m), walk approx. 3hrs & rest day
Day 13 : To Larkye Base Camp (4460m), walk approx. 3hrs.
Day 14 : Cross Larkye La (5140m) to Bimtang (3590m) 8-10hrs.
Day 15 : To Dharapani (1865m), walk approx. 7hrs.
Day 16 : To Chame (2675m), walk approx. 5hrs.
Day 17-18 : To Pisang (2675m/4hrs)& Manang (3540m/5hrs).
Day 19 : To Yak Kharka (4050m), walk approx. 4hrs.
Day 20 : To Thorong Pedi (4450m), walk approx. 4hrs.
Day 21 : Cross Thorong La (5380m)to Muktinath, walk approx. 9hrs.
Day 22-23 : To Kagbeni (2810m), walk approx. 4hrs & rest day.
Day 24 : To Jomsom (2760m), walk approx. 5 hrs.
Day 25 : Flight Jomsom to Pokhara & Kathmandu(1330m).
Day 26 : Trip concludes Kathmandu.
- Good quality accommodation in Kathmandu
- Accommodation in our fully serviced wilderness campsites
- 25 breakfasts, 22 lunches and 22 dinners including all meals on trek valued at US$1100
- Flight Jomsom/Pokhara/Kathmandu valued at US$221
- Expert bilingual guide and group medical kit
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters to carry all personal and group equipment and porter's insurance
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- International flights
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 227 today.
- Earn US$ 151+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this GHT Manaslu & Annapurna tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 December 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
GHT Manaslu & Annapurna tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this GHT Manaslu & Annapurna tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?