Looking for available travel experts
Formerly known as Persia, Iran is a nation rife with culture, heritage, and beauty. With a history dating back to the Elamite kingdoms, and the fourth millennium BC, holidays in Iran will introduce you to history mixed with the convenience and modernity of today. A trip to Iran will make you feel like you’ve been transported to a completely new world. Home to some of the world’s most historical sites, this nation has something that could entice anyone.
- Visit the city of Tehran, and see art galleries, museums, and some amazing architecture, such as the Azadi Tower monument.
- Experience one of twelve World Heritage Sites, some of which include, the “Friday Mosque,” the ruined city of Persepolis, dating back to 515 BC, the Mausoleum of Cyrus II, and the remains of a settlement of Susa.
- Take a gander at the Eram Garden, which dates back to the 13th century.
- Soak up some rays on one of Iran’s many beaches, one of which is Kish.
- Love the snow? Go to Shemshak and ski to your heart’s content.
- Shop around in the Bazaars that are all over this vast country.
- Men, make sure your legs are covered and wear short sleeves; women; long shirts that have long sleeves and are loose fitting, plus trousers and a headscarf are required.
- Bring other things to do because the Internet in Iran is unreliable.
- Finding alcohol in Iran can be a risk; try and avoid it in order to keep safe.
- Talking to the locals is a fantastic way to learn more about their culture and traditions.
- Remember Persians are not Arabs; if you don’t want to insult a Persian, don’t get them confused with an Arab.
Iran has seasonal weather so please do check up on the best time to visit Iran before planning your tour. And if you’re still hunting for more things to do and places to explore in Iran, do check out our Iran Travel Guide for more information.