- duration 6 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 17+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Deeside & Royal Braemar
- St Andrews
Few have heard of it, let alone been. Our destination is the remote islands of Shetland in the far north of Scotland for one of the most incredible festivals in Europe. On the last Tuesday of January this traditional winter festival marks the lengthening of the days and the dawn of another year. Classic Scottish dancing, traditional Shetland music, the boat burning ceremony and torchlight procession makes for an unforgettable experience.
Day 1: Edinburgh To Aberdeen
Day 2 Aberdeen To Lerwick
Day 3: Lerwick
Day 4: Lerwick
Day 5: Lerwick To Aberdeen
Day 6: Aberdeen To Edinburgh
- 2 overnight ferries (twin-share cabin)
- 3 nights hotel (twin-share)
- 3 full Scottish breakfasts
- Local Scottish Guide
- Guided tour of Shetland
- Audio Guides Available
- Free time in Lerwick
- Souvenir Map
- Any international flights to/from Edinburgh are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Up Helly Aa incl. accom. tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 49+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Up Helly Aa incl. accom. tour. You can cancel the tour up to 49 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 48 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 48 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Up Helly Aa incl. accom. tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Up Helly Aa incl. accom. tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Information
All our trips depart from Highland Explorer Tours HQ which sits halfway along Edinburgh’s most famous street, the Royal Mile, right in the heart of the Old Town.