- tour type Group Tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 4643 meters
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Spend time exploring the former Inca capital of Cusco and its surrounding.
- An amazing 8 days culturally rich and rewarding travel experience in Peru.
- Hike up and over Salkantay Pass for breathtaking views of the valley below
- Stay overnight with a family in Lucmabamba to learn about their local coffee farm
During this trek you will be trekking from 2,100 meter to 4,600 meter, passing magnificent mountain passes, getting impressed by majestic mountains, and trekking and amazing flora and fauna, exploring more than 15 different ecosystems. Aside from great trekking trails and great nature, you will get a lot of cultural insights in terms of ethnic and cultural exchanges with the local people in the area. These people are still very closely attached to their heritage and are surely willing to share their knowledge with you.
This package is one of the most surprising and exciting alternative trips trough the jungle to Machu Picchu. It is aimed at people in good physical and mental condition, since the route involves arriving in our transportation to the highest point of Abra Malaga peak at 4350 meters and then descending by bicycle, canoeing and continuing the adventure during the following days.
Edgar was our lead guide and was not only the most knowledgable in terms of history and ecology, but he is definitely the most tough. Seriously, you'll know what I'm talking about when you are on the trail w/ Edgar and Inkayni Peru Tours and you see other groups and observe their crews.”
Day 1: Cusco Navel of the World - Museo Inka Y Koricancha
Day 2: Chinchero (Textile Interpretation Cent) - Maras - Moray
Day 3: Trek from Cusco - Mollepata - Soraypampa (L) (D)
Day 4: Trek from Soraypampa to Challway (B) (L) (D)
Day 5: Trek from Challway - La Playa - Lucmabamba (B) (L) (D)
Day 6: Trek to Llaptapata - Hidroelectrica - Aguas Calientes
Day 7: Trek from Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco (B)
Day 8: Sightseeing in Cusco
- All transfers.
- All transportation.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- All entrances
- 03 night's accommodations in 3 stars hotels.
- Breakfast included in the accommodations
- INCLUDES FOR THE TREK:
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+.
- Mules to carry cooking and camping equipment
- Pick-up and transportation from your hotel to the start of the trail.
- Water (excluding the first 4 hours of the trek when you need to bring your own).
- 4 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 4 Afternoon Snacks and 4 Dinners.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- 4 man tent for every 2 trekkers.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Inflatable mattress, Oxygen bottle, First-aid kit
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (round trip)
- Train ticket Hidroelectrica-Machupicchu. Train ticket Agues Calientes-Ollantaytambo and Transportato from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Sleeping Bag (Can be hired from us).
- Single Supplement US$300 (solo travelers)
- Gratitude or tips for your crew (cooks, horse herders, guides)
- Travel Insurance - you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
- International and intra flights.
- Meals where are not stated
- Huayna Picchu entrance fee
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.