- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Marine wildlife
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Private whale watching from a chartered boat
- Four game drives within Yala and Udawalawe National Parks
- Sinharaja Rainforest and Dickwella beach
- Naturalist guides throughout
Sri Lanka is well known for its cultural heritage and picture perfect beaches, but perhaps less known is that it is also one of the best locations in Asia for wildlife. The wide range of altitudes found in this small island results in a variation of climate and diversity normal only found across a whole continent. Blue whales congregate off the southern coast of Sri Lanka, elephant herds gather in Udawalawe and the elusive leopard rules in Yala. As well as game drives in Sri Lanka’s most famous national parks we visit the steamy Sinharaja Rainforest and relax on the south coast, where the warm waters of the Indian Ocean lap the shore and days can easily drift by from the shade of a palm tree.
Day 1: Start Colombo; transfer to Ahangama beach hotel.
Day 2: Morning private whale watching excursion; afternoon visit Galle Fort.
Day 3: Transfer to Sinharaja Rainforest; afternoon walk.
Day 4: Full day to discover Sinharaja Rainforest.
Day 5: To Udawalawe; afternoon game drive in Udawalawe N.P.
Day 6: Morning game drive in Udawalawe N.P.; visit Elephant Transit Home at feeding
Day 7: Transfer to Tissamaharama; afternoon game drive in Yala N.P.
Day 8: Morning game drive in Yala N.P.; to Dickwella.
Day 9: Relax by the beach in Dickwella; optional whale watching excursion.
Day 10: To Colombo; end Colombo.
- 9 nights in comfortable hotels and eco lodges , All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 9 dinners are included , All breakfasts and 9 dinners included
- 10 days land only / 11 days flight inclusive
- Travel by private bus, boat and 4WD
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Arrival and departure transfers (if booking incl. flights)
- Whale watching season: November to April
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Colombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Wild Sri Lanka tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 115+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wild Sri Lanka tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Wild Sri Lanka tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wild Sri Lanka tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.