- duration 15 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Spot colourful birds and butterflies in Talangama Wetlands
- Meet the monkeys of Polonnaruwa and learn about their social behaviour
- See wild elephants in Gal Oya National Park
- Search for elusive leopards in Yala National Park
This itinerary also features sightseeing tours in Sigiriya and Polonnaruwa and a trip to the spectacular hill country of Sri Lanka. You’ll also visit the Unesco World Heritage site of Galle Fort and enjoy a full-day boat and bicycle excursion through lush paddy fields and rural villages.
Accommodation during this trip ranges from a thatched-roof hut in a luxurious eco-retreat located in a private forest on the edge of Gal Oya National Park to a beautifully restored colonial tea planter's mansion set on a 30-acre estate in Sri Lanka's central highlands. Travel between destinations in a private air-conditioned vehicle and enjoy the company of highly experienced local guides during your wildlife and cultural excursions.
We can tailor this trip to your requirements if you want to. Just click on the blue button on the top right of this page and send a message to a Wayfairer travel specialist.
Day 1: Arrive in Colombo & transfer to Talangama
Day 2: Explore Talangama Lake & its wetlands
Day 3: Transfer to Sigiriya
Day 4: Explore Polonnaruwa
Day 5: Transfer to Gal Oya National Park
Day 6: Explore Gal Oya National Park
Day 7: Gal Oya National Park – Kandy
Day 8: Kandy – Sri Lanka's central highlands
Day 9: Explore Horton Plains National Park
Day 10: Horton Plains National Park – Yala National Park
Day 11: Yala National Park safari
Day 12: Transfer to Galle
Day 13: Boat and bicycle tour in Galle
Day 14: Free day in Galle
Day 15: Galle departure
- Private pickup and drop-off transfers. All transport as per the itinerary
- VIP arrival services at Bandaranaike International Airport
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Excursions and activities as stated in the itinerary
- Experienced, local, English-speaking tour guides
- International flights
- Sri Lanka visa charges
- Travel insurance
- Activities and excursions mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Save US$ 166+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.