- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 32 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Follow the route of the ancient Silk Road, travelling in the footsteps of countless generations of nomads and traders
- Discover the unreal, rainbowcoloured landscape of Zhangye, a UNESCO site that looks like countless pots of bright paint have been spilled across sandstone mountains. You won't be able to put your camera away!
- Uncover the ‘other terracotta warriors’ in Xi’an’s Hanyangling Mausoleum, an authentic and more personal burial site that’s home to tens of thousands of buried pottery figures
- Experience the unique atmosphere of Kashgar’s Sunday Market
Unlock the secrets of the Silk Road on this immersive journey across Central Asia. From Beijing all the way to Tashkent, this epic 32-day trip heads west across China, showcasing stunning relics, dynastic palaces, Muslim minarets, hidden grottoes and rock-cut Buddhist masterpieces. Continuing into Kyrgyzstan and on to the heartland of Uzbekistan, be dazzled by Central Asia proper: the tranquil landscape of Song-Kol Lake; Solomon's Throne in historic Osh; and the superb mosques of Samarkand. Full of warmly hospitable locals, spectacular expanses and constant evocations of a legendary past, this is the Silk Road at its magical best.
Xi'an - Overnight Train
Zhangye - Danxia Geological Park
Jiayuguan - Dunhuang
China/Kyrgyzstan border - Torugart Pass - Naryn
Don Aryk - Issyk Kul - Kochkor
Suusamyr Valley - Chychkan - Kok-Bel
KGZ/UZB border crossing - Andijan - Tashkent
Samarkand - Shahrisabz - Bukhara
Gijduvan - Bukhara
- Hotel (23 nts), Overnight Sleeper Train (2 nts), Guesthouse/Homestay (5 nts), Yurt (1 nt)
- 17 Breakfast, 7 Lunch, 7 Dinner
- Overnight Sleeper Train , Private Bus , Public Bus , High Speed Train , Metro/Subway
- Xi'an - Muslim Quarter walking tour
- Xi'an - Terracotta Warriors
- Zhangye - Danxia Landform Geological Park
- Jiayuguan - Hanging Great Wall
- Jiayuguan - Fort
- Dunhuang - Mogao Caves
- Dunhuang - Crescent Moon Lake & Singing Sand Mountains
- Turpan - Jiaohe Ancient City
- Kashgar - Livestock Market & Grand Sunday Bazaar
- Bishkek - City Tour
- Shamsy Valley - Burana tower
- Don Aryk - Local home visit & horsemanship demonstration
- Kochkor - Market
- Kochkor - Women's Felt Co-op
- Uzgen - Uzgen Minaret & Complex
- Osh - Sulaiman-Too Mountain
- Osh - National Historical and Archaeological Museum Complex
- Tashkent - Chorsu Bazaar
- Tashkent - Khast Imom Complex & Moyie Mubarek Library Museum
- Tashkent - History Museum of the People of Uzbekistan
- Samarkand - Bibi-Khanym Mosque
- Samarkand - Gur-e-Amir Mausoleum
- Samarkand - Shakh-I-Zinda
- Samarkand - Registan
- Samarkand - Paper making workshop & home cooked lunch
- Shakhrisabz - Ak Saray Palace
- Shakhrisabz - Kok-Gumbaz Mosque
- Shakhrisabz - Dor-ut Tilovat Memorial Complex
- Shakhrisabz - Dorus Saodat Complex
- Bukhara - Ismail Samani Mausoleum
- Bukhara - Sitorai Mohi Hosa Palace
- Bukhara - Chor-Bakr Necropolis
- Bukhara - Ark Fortress
- Bukhara - Kalon Mosque
- Vobkent - Minaret
- Gijduvan - Ceramics workshop
- Any international flights to Beijing and from Tashkent are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Great Silk Road tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 233+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Great Silk Road tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 57 days before departure. For any departures within 26 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
The Great Silk Road tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Great Silk Road tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.