- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Whip up a culinary storm in Sukhothai, creating and tasting delicious local dishes at a cooking class with a local host.
- Pay your respect at the memorials by the infamous ‘Bridge over the River Kwai’ – learn about its dark history and the construction of the death railway in Kanchanaburi during the war.
- Immerse yourself in the wonders of an ancient tribal culture with a night in the Hmong lodge, treated to a barbecue dinner and Hmong cultural show.
- Experience an unforgettable day in the company of the giants of the jungle, Asian elephants, on a journey that will teach you about conservation and animal protection in this region.
Thailand's stunning beauty and charming culture are ever present on this ten-day small-group adventure. The welcoming nation conjures up images of spicy delicacies, majestic elephants, golden Buddhas, colourful hilltribe villages, fantastic shopping and exotic hideaways – so why not experience it all at once. Witness traditional hilltribe life in a Hmong village, support the rehabilitation of the endangered Asian elephant, step back in time in the ancient kingdom of Sukhothai and try your hand at creating some delectable Thai dishes. This is your chance to capture the adventure and essence of timeless Thailand.
My tour guide, Kelly, was super knowledgeable, funny, and a pleasure to be around!
The group of people from different countries, regions, and ages made it the best tour I have been on.
Below are a few highlights:
1. BBQ in the Grampians
2. Bay of Martyrs
3. Seeing koalas and kangaroos in their natural habitat
4. The scenery along the Great Ocean Road
5. A boomerang lesson
6. The entire trip was lovely.”
Hmong Hilltribe Lodge
- Hotel (3 nights), Lodge (1 night), Resort (5 nights)
- 9 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Train , Private mini van , Longtail boat , Songtheaw , Bicycle
- An expert tour leader
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Bangkok - Khlong boat canal tour
- Bangkok - Grand Palace
- Kanchanaburi - Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum
- Kanchanaburi - Historical train ride
- Kanchanaburi - Erawan National Park & Falls
- Ayutthaya - Historical Park
- Sukhothai - Wat Yai Phitsanuloke
- Sukhothai - Historical Park bike tour
- Sukhothai - Thai cooking class
- Sukhothai - Bike Tour Lunch
- Hmong Hilltribe Lodge - Traditional meal & cultural performance
- Chiang Mai - Doi Suthep temple complex
- Chiang Mai - ChangChill elephant sanctuary
- Chiang Mai - Coffee at Kaomai Estate 1955
- Chiang Mai - ChangChill Elephant Sanctuary Lunch
- Any international flights to Bangkok and from Chiang Mai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Thailand tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 68+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Thailand tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 March 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Thailand tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Thailand tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- There is an included bicycle ride around Sukhothai Heritage Park on this trip. It’s a leisurely cycle along quiet and flat roads, and one of the best ways to see the park.
- Less time spent in a vehicle; more time to explore each destination. This trip has been carefully designed to give you the best experience of a region by reducing the number of one-night-only stops, giving you extra time in the places that matter. As a shorter trip that covers quite a lot of ground, there will be travelling every other day to the next destination. Please note travel times on the itinerary days carefully for travel estimates.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers