There’s one more thing – Goecha La is one the most romantic trails in India. This trek is perfectly set through the enchanting forests of Tsokha’s Rhododendron forests, snaking up the meadows of Dzongri and Thansing and resting by the startling blue waters of Samiti lake. All this in the looming presence of Pandim and Kanchenjunga.
Indiahikes teams are trekking to Goechala in the month May. Take advantage of this expedition to experience a truly romantic trail – the kind of which you will not see again.
Day 2: Trek starts at Yuksom 5,600 ft to Sachen 7,150 ft
Day 3: Sachen 7,150 ft to Tshokha 9,700 ft via Bhakim 8,600 ft
Day 4: Tshokha 9,700 ft to Dzongri 12,980 ft via Phedang 12,000 ft
Day 5: Dzongri 12,980 ft to Dzongri top 13,675 ft , then to Thansing 12,900 ft via Kokchurang (12,000 ft)
Day 6: Thansing 12,900 ft to Lamuney 13,600 ft
Day 7: Lamuney 13,600 ft to Goecha La 16,000 f) via Samiti Lake 14,100 ft, then back to Kokchurang/Thansing
Day 8: Kokchurang/Thansing to Tshokha via Phedang
Day 9: Tshokha to Yuksom via Bhakim and Sachen
Day 10: Leave Yuksom early morning and reach NJP by 4.00 – 5.00 pm
* Trekkers are advised to keep an extra buffer day for the Goecha la trek. The buffer day may be required if there is bad weather on the scheduled trek days. If the buffer day is utilised then trekkers have to bear an additional cost of Rs 1600/- towards the trek fee. This money will be collected only if the buffer day is required and to be paid to Indiahikes trek leaders on location.
- Vegetarian food as per menu on the trek
- Forest camping charges
- Trekking permits
- Sleeping bags
- Safety equipment
- Porter charges
- Inner Line Permit
- Services of a trek leader
- Please Note: Foreigners have to obtain a special Inner Line Permit at Gangtok to trek in Sikkim. Indiahikes can help you obtain this permit. You have to reach Yuksom a day before the trek batch starts.
- The trek fee excludes any travel costs incurred before reaching to Yuksom.