Looking for available travel experts
You know the place that Christopher Columbus landed in 1492? He thought he had discovered America, but he found something even more incredible –The Bahamas. It is composed of 700 islands, cays, and islets in the Atlantic, and is one of the richest nations in the Americas. Located south of Florida and near to Cuba, the Bahamas is known for its clear blue waters and its white sandy beaches.
- Experience the Junkanoo street parade on Boxing Day and New Years.
- Participate in "Pineapple Fest" in Gregory Town and Eleuthera or the "Crab Fest" on Andros.
- Enjoy a game of the national sport of the Bahamas, cricket.
- Snorkel with the life under the sea and experience the life that lives beneath the ocean.
- Work on your tan, soaking up the Vitamin D on the sandy beaches.
- Learn of the Lost City of Atlantis on Bimini Bahamas.
- Take a cruise through the islands of the Bahamas.
- Dress for warm weather during the day, but bring a light jacket for cooler evenings.
- Be prepared to drive on the left side of the road.
- Get vaccinated before you leave, and if you would like to bring animals with you, be sure that all forms and medical issues are taken care of.
- Don’t drink beer; it’s more expensive. Stick with rum or a local brew.
- Instead of staying in a hotel or resort, camp on the beach.
- Don’t wear your swim suit outside the beach; be sure that you are keeping up with the standard of dress.
- Relax! The people of the Bahamas have great senses of humor, so don’t worry about taking things so seriously.