Looking for available travel experts
The Annapurna Panorama trek is not as long as some of the other Himalayan itineraries, but it is perfect for those wanting to take a more scenic trekking route in Nepal. The trek takes visitors through some of the most picturesque mountain passes in the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna range, and the sunrise and sunset views seen here are second to none. As the sun’s rays kiss the snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and a number of other peaks start to appear in front of your eyes to present one of the most beautiful and awe-inspiring experiences of your life.
The Annapurna Panorama trek certainly presents its fair share of natural beauty, gushing rivers, trekking adventures and remote mountainside sceneries, but it also gives you the best chance of understanding the area’s culture. Some of the villages that might spark your interest are Landruk and Dhampus, known for their charming and energetic attitude and simplistic lifestyle.
This trekking route is destined to remain one of the best experiences for those wanting to enjoy the best of nature and culture in the same journey. It’s not as long as some of the other mountain adventures in Nepal, but it is every bit as exciting.
|Annapurna Panorama - Trek Facts|
|Trek Difficulty:||Level 2 - Moderate|
|Trek Duration:||8 Days|
|Remoteness:||Not Remote with well-serviced trail|
|Max Altitude:||3194 meters at Ghorepani|
|Accommodation:||Cheap teahouses / Expensive Guesthouses / Lodges|
|Best Season:||Mar-May, Oct-Nov|
|Transport To/From Trek:||Bus or Flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara and then bus to the trailhead from Pokhara|
The following is a standard itinerary for the Annapurna Panorama trek. It may vary slightly depending on the final trekking agency you choose to go with:
- Day 01: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (820 m / 2690 ft)
- Day 02: Drive to Nayapul & trek to Tikhadhunga (1540 m / 5052 ft)
- Day 03: Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani (3194 m / 10479 ft)
- Day 04: Hike to Poon Hill and trek to Tadapani (2590 m / 8497 ft)
- Day 05: Tadapani to Jhinu (1780 m / 5839 ft)
- Day 06: Jhinu to Landruk (1640 m / 5380 ft)
- Day 07: Landruk to Pathana (1890 m / 6200 ft)
- Day 08: Pathana to Pokhara (820 m / 2690 ft)
Besides this 8-day Annapurna Panorama trek, there are other trekking options in the Annapurna region available to you.
- The Annapurna Base Camp trek is a longer version of this trek and can be completed in 11 days.
The slightly longer Annapurna Circuit trek is another option if you have more time. This trek can be completed in 12 days.
- If you have less time on your hands and still want to explore the Annapurna region, then the 4-day Poonhill trek might be your best option.
Annapurna Panorama Trek - Safety considerations
Safety is a primary concern here at BookMundi which is why we put emphasis on the following:
- All trekking agencies available at Bookmundi.com are carefully chosen and are assessed on their safety standards after every trek, via trekkers’ feedback.
- The trekking agencies will go through safety procedures with you during your pre-trek meeting about the Annapurna Panorama trek.
- Please make sure you dress appropriately for the Annapurna Panorama trek based on the time of the year.