- duration 9 days
- tour type Private Tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek the lengthiest summitbound route
- Spot wildlife in the tropical rain forest zone
- Enjoy a more relaxed pace than other routes, but longer in time and distance
- Have a company of devoted guides, porters and cooks helping you on your way
A vehicle brings hikers to the gate, where the trail begins in the montane rainforest. Lemosho trekkers have a longer distance to enjoy the tropical rain forest ecosystem than other routes, and hikers do not exit the rainforest until the end of day two.
Though considered a difficult route, the additional days on the lower slopes of the mountain make this the best route for altitude acclimatisation. The route usually takes seven to eight days to complete.
Scenically, Lemosho is the most varied and spectacular route as it begins in the rainforest, crosses the spectacular Shira Plateau, and then combines with the Machame route to share viewpoints around the southern circuit.
My husband and I feel like we went with appropriate expectations about the degree of comfort we were likely to encounter on the trip
We had really good guides and support! while, our cook made sure to cook the way we requested and we were always satisfied. I still find it hard to imagine the courage, the strength and patience with which the whole team got through each day with huge smiles
I suffered on the summit night gladly I had attitude sickness medication,our Guide was patient and had great empathy for Usand will always be grateful to the guys for looking after us so well,
After our climb, we went on a 3 days Camping safari drive to the Serengeti and Ngoro Ngoro crater. Once again, the level of service was just Incredible. Our guide Bakari was knowledgeable and flexible and managed to find all the big 5 for us. It was definitely the trip of a lifetime Bakari would drive long drives, then still have the energy to set up our tents...
I cannot speak more highly of this company as It was very affordable and they provided great service and would recommend booking with them if you are thinking of trekking Kilimanjaro or go on a safari.”
Thank you very much for your heart warming comments. I am happy that you had amazing Kilimanjaro Climb and great safari experience 'Trip of a Lifetime"
Thank you very much for your recommendation
Plus, I will pass on your motivating words to the rest of the team, and hope to see you back soon.
The team had an excellent sense of humor, were honest and kind, and took great pride in their roles-we had a brilliant atmosphere in the camps because of this. Delicious meals were cooked up for us 3 times a day and a snack at tea time which surely helped us to the top. Tent were both laid out every night, including a separate mess tent for meals. All of good quality
We have no problem in recommend Kilisa Tours were exceptional and gave us the most unforgettable experience”
would like to thank you for your friendly informative review and and positive feedback as it will surely help future guests to get an overall idea of tour local tour company
would also like to thank you for recommendation
And big thanks to Kilisa Tours & Safaris as they deserve it since we truly enjoyed every bit of the organization. The route choice to Kilimanjaro 8 Days Lemosho Route” and that suited our time and budget. And the service provided in the Mountain was Top Notch; the guides were brilliant, friendly, knowledgeable, humorous when needed.”
Thank you so much for making Kilisa tours your choice when you visited Tanzania
We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed every bit of organization we had for you.
We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your service.
Please rest assured that your feedback will be shared with the Kilisa's team.
We hope to see you again in future.
Day 1: Londorossi Gate to Mti Mkubwa
Day 2: Mti Mkubwa to Shira 1 Camp
Day 3: Shira 1 Camp to Moir Hut
Day 4: Moir Hut, Lava Tower to Barranco
Day 5: Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp
Day 6: Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp
Day 7: Barafu Camp to Uhuru Peak
Day 8: Crater Camp to Mweka Camp
Day 9: Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate
- Personal Summit Certificate signed by the National Park and your guide
- Emergency rescue fees
- Hot meals prepared by our cook while on the mountain
- Drinking water on the climb
- Hot drinks at every meal
- Safety equipment including emergency oxygen and pulse oximeter
- Porter(s) to carry your luggage
- Guide, porter and cook salaries
- Climbing permits
- Government climbing taxes
- All Tanzanian National Park Fees
- Certified, experienced, English speaking mountain guides
- Quality mess tents with table and chairs
- Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tent
- Transportation to/from airport
- Transportation to/from climbing route
- Hotel accommodation in Moshi, one night before the trek and one night after
- Portable toilet tent
- Personal items and toiletries
- Tips for guides, porters and cook
- Save +US$ 84 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.