- Booking Type Instant Booking
- tour type Private Tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Trek difficulty Hard
- 7 Days of Mount Kilimanjaro trekking via the Rongai route
- Spending nights on tents while trekking through true wilderness during the days
- Amazing adventure on a less crowded route up to the peak
Rongai is the preferred route for those looking for an alternative to the crowded Marangu route, for those who would like a more remote hike, and for those who are climbing during the rainy season (the north side receives less precipitation).
The minimum number of days required for this route is six days, and seven days are recommended.
Although the scenery is not as varied as the western routes, Rongai makes up for this by passing through true wilderness areas for days before joining the Marangu route at Kibo camp. This route descends down the Marangu route.
Rongai is a moderately difficult route, and is highly recommended, especially for those with less backpacking experience.
Day 1: Kilimanjaro Airport to Moshi
Day 2: Rongai Camp (Full board)
Day 3: Rongai Second Cave (Full board)
Day 4: Rongai Kikelelwa Cave (Full board)
Day 5: Rongai Mawenzi Turn (Full board)
Day 6: Mawenzi Turn to Kibo Hut (Full board)
Day 7: Kibo Hut to Summit to Horrombo Hut (Full board)
Day 8: Horrombo Hut to Moshi
Day 9: Moshi – Kilimanjaro Airport
- Transfer from and to the International Airport
- National park fees
- Certified and experienced English-speaking guide
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Accommodation expenses
- Rescue expenses in case of emergency
- Personal mountain gear
- Sleeping bag
- Optional activities
- Save +US$ 63 in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.