- duration 7 days
- tour type Private Tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Low traffic route to Kilimanjaro
- Higher probability of making it to the summit
The route approaches Mount Kilimanjaro from the west, beginning with a long drive from Moshi to Londorossi Gate. From there, the first two days are spent trekking through the rainforest to Shira Ridge.
Unlike the popular Machame route, which simply intersects the Shira Plateau, the Lemosho route crosses the entirety of the plain from west to east in a pleasant, relatively flat hike. An added bonus is that climbers will encounter low traffic until the route joins the Machame route. Afterwards, Lemosho follows the same route through Lava Tower, Barranco and Barafu, known as the southern circuit. Descent is made via the Mweka route.
The experience was excellent from the outset - communication with Noel was very regular in the build-up to our trip and we were picked up from the airport. We had a lost bag on our flight in so they accommodated us by pushing the start day back a day.
Our guides Anton, Eric and Fraterino were a great help throughout our 8-day climb, advising us each evening in the tent on what the following day would entail, and helping us with any headaches or issues that arose during the climb.
The porters were fantastic too, and the food we got each day really helped keep us nourished throughout the day. These guys know what they are doing and I would certainly recommend climbing Kili with them.
All five of us successfully reached the summit on a really tough summit night, and that was in no small part down to the help we got from the Enosa crew.
Thank you very much for all your help guys from the Irish group of 5!”
Day 1: Moshi – Starting point – Mkubwa camp (2,780 m)
Day 2: Mkubwa camp (2,780 m) – Shira Camp 2 (3,900 m)
Day 3: Shira Camp 2 –Lava Tower – Barranco camp
Day 4: Barranco Camp (3,960 m) – Karanga Camp (4,035 m)
Day 5: Karanga Camp (4,035 m) – Barafu Camp (4,640 m)
Day 6: Barafu Camp (4,640 m) – Uhuru Peak – Mweka Camp
Day 7: Mweka Camp (3,080 m) – Mweka Gate (1,630 m) – Moshi
- Kilimanjaro trekking according to the itinerary
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Mountain crew (cook & porters)
- Meals during the climb
- Drinking water
- Overnight stays in hotels and mountain tents
- Camping equipment (tents, sleeping mats, chairs, tables etc)
- Portable toilet and toilet tent
- All national park fees
- All mentioned transfers
- Optional activities
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Visa fees
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Travel insurance
- Save +US$ 61 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.