- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 20 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Enjoy the adventurous Everest Base Camp 3 Passes trek including 3 +5000 meters high passes
- Beautiful Himalayan villages of Khumbu valley
- Amazing views from Everest Base Camp, Gokyo Ri, Kalapatthar and Nagarkhang
- Magnificent views of more than a dozen mountains, including Everest
The Everest High Passes Trek is only for experienced trekkers looking for an adventure like no other in the Khumbu region also known as the Everest region. This trek is actually a circuit trek connecting all the major trekking routes in Khumbu valley. For an adventurer, the Everest High Passes Trek is the best option among all treks offered in the Everest region.
The Everest High Passes Trek is the ultimate option to experience the snowy ups and downs of the Himalayas. Come and join this ultimate experience with spectacular views, centuries old Buddhist monasteries plus a chance to meet the culturally rich and friendly Sherpa people of the Himalayas.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu, transfer to Hotel
Day 2: Fly to Lukla, trek to Phakding, Monjo or Jorsalle
Day 3: Short Trekking to Namche Bazaar (3,440M)
Day 4: Rest and acclimatization day in Namche Bazaar
Day 5: Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3860M)
Day 6: Trek to Dingboche village (4410M)
Day 7: Trek to Chhukung Village
Day 8: Rest and acclimatization day in Chhukung
Day 9: Cross Kongma La Pass (5528M), trek to Lobuche (4910M)
Day 10: Trek to Gorakshep (5,140M), hike to EBC (5364M)
Day 11: Hike to Kalapatthar (5545M), trek down to Lobuche
Day 12: Trek to Dzongla (4830M)
Day 13: Cross Chola Pass (5420M), Trek to Gokyo (4760M)
Day 14: Climb to Gokyo Ri (5,403M), exploration day
Day 15: Cross Renjo La Pass (5340M), trek to Lungden (4380M)
Day 16: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440M)
Day 17: Trek to Lukla, last night in Himalayas (2840M)
Day 18: Fly to Kathmandu, transfer to Hotel (1310M)
Day 19: Rest and buffer day in Kathmandu (1310M)
Day 20: Departure from Kathmandu
- Airport pickup and drop services on a private vehicle before and after the trek
- Accommodation in Kathmandu valley as per the itinerary with complimentary breakfast
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu domestic airline tickets including for the guide
- Domestic airport taxes where applicable
- All meals [Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner / main course] during the trek
- Everest National Park Entry Permit
- Trekkers Information Management System [TIMS] registration card
- Experienced English speaking, government licensed and ministry of tourism trained trekking guide with meals, accommodation, salary and insurance
- Assistant trekking guide for groups over 6 people with meals, accommodation, salary and insurance
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- Comprehensive first aid medical kit carried by the guide
- Necessary paperwork, all government and local taxes
- Complimentary welcome or farewell dinner in Kathmandu at a cultural restaurant [optional]
- Porter (Sharing)
- KTM Sightseeing
- International airfare, Nepal visa fees (two passport photographs), travel and medical insurance, emergency evacuation
- Personal expenses (bars and beverage bills, hot shower, telephone, laundry, tidbits etc.)
- Costs arising from natural calamities, mishaps or anything beyond our control (Costs are not refundable or transferable at any means if you leave the trek voluntarily)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (also in the case of early returns and late departures than scheduled itinerary)
- Services not mentioned in 'Services Includes' section (Please ask us if you are confused about any services)
- Porters are excluded and available as extra addons
- Earn US$ 44+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
It depends on the situation. Sometimes, altitude sickness can be treated and the trekker may wish to continue. If not, the rest of the group can continue on if they want and the sick person can descend.
I am travelling by myself. Do you take small groups of random trekkers who may not necessarily know each other or only offer private tours? If you only do private tours how many people minimum do you need?
The 20 Days EBC 3 High Passes Trek is a private trek that does operate with only one traveller, although you will be charged a single supplement. As a solo traveller, you will be travelling only with a guide.
Alternatively, we have another similar tour that covers Everest Base Camp as well as the three passes. This tour has private and group options which means you can either travel solo or join a group. If you want to join a group, then please scroll down to the 'Group Tours' section on the tour page. Clicking on the 'Join Now' button for any of the available dates would mean that you will be travelling with a group.
- How does it work with a porter?