- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Private and Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- World's one of the most famous point; Everest Base Camp
- Kalapatthar and Gokyo RI gives superb views of Everest Himalayan range
- Most beautiful and one of the toughest Chola Pass
- Unmatched cultural diversity of Khumbu valley
Although trekkers can choose to join Gokyo and Everest Base Camp without crossing Cho La , most prefer to cross Cho La Pass due to the stunning views of Himalayas.
Connecting three major places in Khumbu region; Gokyo Lakes, Cho La and Everest Base Camp, this trekking route is a combination of adventure and nature’s wonders.
The Cho La Pass is physically demanding during the winter season and may require crampons. Despite its difficulty during winter, this is an excellent trekking route that connects both Gokyo Lakes / valley and the Everest Base Camp. Visiting two main viewpoints i.e. Gokyo RI and Kalapatthar is demanding but worth reaching the top where you will have marvelous views of numerous Himalayan peaks.
This is an adventurous trekking route that is suitable for mid-experienced trekkers. The route is filled with dramatic landscapes, towering snowy Himalayan peaks like Thamserku, Kangtega, Cho-Oyu, Pumori, Nuptse, Lhotse including the majestic Everest itself. The trek is arranged in a clockwise direction which is equally versatile in an anticlockwise direction as well.
The trail starts from Lukla and goes through Dole, Machhermo and Gokyo before we stop in Thaknak for overnight before crossing the pass. Starting early morning from Thaknak, we will cross Chola Pass and then descend down to Dzongla for another night. We continue towards Lobuche, Gorakshep and Kalapatthar and descend down to Lukla where we will conclude our adventure.
Please refer to the itinerary for day-by-day activities.
Day 1: Fly to Lukla (2,840M), trek to Monjo (2840M)
Day 2: Trekking to Namche Bazaar (3,440M)
Day 3: Rest and acclimatization day in Namche Bazaar
Day 4: Trek to Dole (3980)
Day 5: Trek to Machhermo (4,410M)
Day 6: Trek to Gokyo Lakes / Valley (4760M)
Day 7: Climbing Gokyo RI (5403M), acclimatization day in Gokyo
Day 8: Trek to Thaknak AKA Dragnag (4,700M)
Day 9: Cross Cho La Pass (5420M), Trek to Dzongla (4,830M)
Day 10: Trek to Gorakshep (5,140M), walk around
Day 11: Hike to Kalapatthar (5545M), hike to EBC (5364M)
Day 12: Trek down to Pangboche (3,930M)
Day 13: Trek to Jorsalle or Monjo (2840M)
Day 14: Trek to Lukla for overnight (2840M)
Day 15: Fly to Kathmandu (1310M) end of our services
- Airport pickup and drop services on a private vehicle before and after the trek
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu domestic airline tickets
- All applicable domestic airport taxes
- All meals [Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner / main course] during the trek as per the itinerary
- Accommodation on cozy tea houses during the whole trek
- Everest National Park Entry Permit
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) registration card
- Experienced English speaking, government licensed and ministry of tourism trained trekking guide with meals, accommodation, salary and insurance
- Assistant trekking guide for groups over 6 people with meals, accommodation, salary and insurance
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- Comprehensive first aid medical kit carried by the guide
- Necessary paper works, all government and local taxes
- Complimentary welcome or farewell dinner in Kathmandu at a cultural restaurant [optional]
- International airfare, Nepal visa fees ( two passport photographs ), travel and medical insurance, emergency evacuation
- Personal nature expenses ( bars and beverage bills, hot shower, telephone, laundry, titbits etc. )
- Costs arising from natural calamities, mishaps or anything beyond our control ( Costs are not refundable and transferable in any mean if you leave the trek voluntarily and want to return from the trek
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu ( also in the case of early returns and late departures than scheduled itinerary )
- Services not mentioned in 'Services Includes' section ( Please ask us if you are confused about any services )
- Earn US$ 37+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- Is it free cancellation up to 60 days prior to departure regardless of any reason?
- Do we meet in Kathmandu for information before going to Lukla?
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.