The world’s largest island, the smallest continent, and home to one of the oldest cultures on the planet, Australia is alluring, enchanting, and intriguing. Surrounded by both the Pacific and Indian Oceans, this country comprises the vast Australian continent, the island of Tasmania, and several smaller isles like Rottnest and the Whitsundays. And what better way to see all these incredible regions than on an Australia tour with us.
Fondly known as the ‘Land Down Under’, Australia has a wealth of beautiful and diverse landscapes, sprawling national parks, ancient sites, modern cities, world-class winelands, and diverse culinary scene. One of the miracles of nature, the Great Barrier Reef spans the east coast of Australia and offers unrivaled snorkeling and scuba diving experiences in warm, clear waters that teem with marine life.
Delve into the rich, ancient history of the land at the Kakadu National Park, where you can walk in the footsteps of the first people on Earth. Take in the iconic sights and sounds of Sydney, and explore the fashionable, café-lined neighborhoods of Melbourne on a bike. Admire the red-hued Uluru and swim with whale sharks in the gin-clear waters off Western Australia’s Ningaloo Reef. Travel around the breathtakingly beautiful wine regions of Adelaide, the Barossa Valley, and Margaret River and experience some of the best wines in the world. Whether you are looking for exhilarating adventures, history and culture, globally inspired cuisine, or laid-back holiday experience, Australia has it all.
Cannot decide where to go in Australia? If so, then we recommend that you choose one region and explore the most popular spots. To find out how many days to spend in Australia, click the highlighted link. You can also use our comprehensive guide to find out how to plan a trip to Australia without missing anything.
Top Destinations in Australia
Discover the highlights of Australia.
Located in the vast wilderness of Western Australia’s Kimberley region, Broome is a beach resort town with a laid-back vibe. Take a relaxing camel ride along Cable Beach at sunset, meet rare snubfin dolphins on a boat cruise, and marvel at the red pindan soils set against the striking turquoise ocean at Gantheaume Point’s red cliffs. View Tours
One of the most energetic cities in the world, Sydney is home to a thriving cultural scene. Meander along the Skywalk for spectacular 360-degree views of the city and suburbs and enjoy a harbor cruise in the Circular Quay port. Shop until you drop at the beautiful Queen Victoria Building and have a refreshing swim at Bondi Beach. View Tours
The vibrant coastal city of Cairns is the gateway to The Great Barrier Reef. It has over 3,000 individual reef systems, colorful coral cays, postcard-perfect tropical islands, and footprint-free golden beaches. Tours to Cairns are great for adventure seekers. Try water sports at the coral reefs or zip-lining and canopy walks at Daintree Rainforest. View Tours
What to do in Australia
Read all about the top things to do in Australia.
Australia's well-endowed landscape is filled with remarkable cliffs, slopes, and plateaus that are perfect for an adventurous escape. Its breath-taking scenery offers plenty of hiking trails that will satisfy any nature-loving enthusiast. Challenging terr ...Read more
Each year, whales migrate up Australia’s east coast from their feeding grounds in the Antarctic to their mating and calving grounds in the Coral Sea. Whale sightings in Sydney are common, as around 15,000 whales swim past Sydney annually, making the ...Read more
When to visit Australia
Read the below travel guides to find the best time to visit Australia.
- Jan Avg Daily: 26 ° C Avg Nightly: 19 ° C
- Feb Avg Daily: 26 ° C Avg Nightly: 19 ° C
- Mar Avg Daily: 25 ° C Avg Nightly: 18 ° C
- Apr Avg Daily: 23 ° C Avg Nightly: 15 ° C
- May Avg Daily: 20 ° C Avg Nightly: 12 ° C
- Jun Avg Daily: 18 ° C Avg Nightly: 10 ° C
- Jul Avg Daily: 17 ° C Avg Nightly: 8 ° C
- Aug Avg Daily: 18 ° C Avg Nightly: 9 ° C
- Sep Avg Daily: 20 ° C Avg Nightly: 12 ° C
- Oct Avg Daily: 14 ° C Avg Nightly: 22 ° C
- Nov Avg Daily: 16 ° C Avg Nightly: 24 ° C
- Dec Avg Daily: 18 ° C Avg Nightly: 26 ° C
A trip to Australia in January is bound to involve beautiful sunny days spent lounging on the beaches around its coast. It is the middle of summer in the country during this month, and visiting Australia in January makes a great escape from the cold dark ...Read more
Fly to tour Australia in February for an unforgettable summer retreat. Indulge in numerous summer fests, soak up the sun and relax on sandy beaches. Explore the Great Barrier Reef, an area teeming with marine life; visit the scenic wineries in the coastal ...Read more
At a Glance/Quick Facts
Quick facts about Australia.
The capital city of Australia is Canberra. Renowned for its cosmopolitan atmosphere and edgy atmosphere, Canberra is in the Australian Capital Territory.
Australia spans 7,617,930 square kilometers (2,941,300 sq miles) and is the sixth largest country in the world. It is also the largest country by area in Oceania, and the oldest, flattest, and driest inhabited continent.
The country code of Australia is +61. To call Australia, simply dial your exit country code, the Australian country code, and the area code you wish to connect to followed by the phone number.
The currency used in Australia is the Australian Dollar (AUD).
The main airport in Australia is the Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (IATA: SYD). The airport is located eight kilometers south of the Sydney central business district, in the suburb of Mascot.
Visitors need a valid passport, a valid visa, and a completed and signed Incoming Passenger Card to enter Australia.
The official language in Australia is English.
The emergency number in Australia is 000. This number connects you to the police, ambulance, and fire services.
Australia has some of the world’s most spectacular landscapes from the Outback to the Great Barrier Reef. It is also one of the world’s most highly urbanized countries with major cities like Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, and Brisbane.
How long to stay in Australia
Read about the ideal duration to stay in Australia.
Australia has all the ingredients for a memorable vacation, from sophisticated cities to magnificent landscapes and astonishing wildlife. The idyllic, seemingly endless coastline is a playground for beach lovers, divers, and surfers. The outback entices h ...Read more
Put simply, Australia is huge. Its size means that when planning a visit to Australia for 7 days or less, it is incredibly important to choose just one or at most, two destinations and to stick to that decision, however tempting the various sites further ...Read more
Renowned for its unique wildlife, stunning tropical beaches and aboriginal culture, a trip to Australia has something to offer for all types of travelers. We recommend you spend at least 10 days here. But what are the best places to visit in Australia in ...Read more
Australia Tour and Holiday Packages
Select the tour type that you are looking for.
small group toursSee all small group tours in Australia
group toursSee all group tours in Australia
private toursSee all private tours in Australia
family tour packagesSee all family tour packages in Australia
FAQs for Australia
Read the most frequently asked questions & answer about traveling to Australia below.
- Should I select a specific region while visiting Australia?
- What to bring on a vacation to Australia?
- What is the best time to visit Australia?
- What are the major attractions in Australia?
Sustainable Travel — How to travel through Australia responsibly
In line with Bookmundi’s vision, we wish to provide our travelers with a sustainable travel experience in Australia. As part of this effort, we carbon-offset any Australia tour that you purchase through us. Read more details about Bookmundi's carbon offsetting efforts.
Here’s what you can do to travel to Australia more responsibly:
- Carbon-offset your transport to Australia via Qantas. The moment your tour starts in Australia, and if you have purchased your tour through Bookmundi, we will carbon-offset your tour from its starting point to its ending point.
- The Australian Conservation Foundation is Australia's national environmental organization and focuses on helping the natural world thrive.
- Sustainable Living Foundation aims to adopt ways of living to sustain community life, as well as social and ecological sustainability.
- Bush Heritage Australia partners with Aboriginal people to conserve Australia’s landscapes and irreplaceable native species.
Australia travel tips and insight
- Australia is one of the safest countries in the world. While you will not need to worry about crime, be aware of the wildlife. Australia is notorious for its dangerous fauna such as deadly jellyfish, sharks, venomous spiders and snakes.
- Australia has extremely high levels of UV rays and the sun is very harsh so make sure to slather yourself in sunscreen, always wear a hat, and avoid being out in the sun for too long.
- Tipping is not a customary practice in Australia and you are not expected to tip.