- City sightseeing
- Local culture
- Countryside and village visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore the modern and traditional sides of Japan.
- Relax at a traditional Inn.
- Ride a ferry to Miyajima to see the famous floating torii.
- Learn the art of meditation from a local monk
In Japan, tradition and modernity are celebrated side-by-side in ways that often appear contradictory. Immerse yourself in this intriguing culture, beginning in sprawling Tokyo, one of the world’s most innovative cities. Then head by rail into the countryside to visit traditional villages and tranquil shrines. Explore quaint geisha districts and inspiring gardens; savour the fresh flavours of Japanese cuisine; and get a glimpse of the ancient soul of this fascinating, futuristic country.
Day 1: Tokyo
Day 2: Tokyo
Day 3: Tokyo
Day 4: Tokyo/Tsumago
Day 5: Tsumago/Kanazawa
Day 6: Kanazawa
Day 7: Kanazawa/Hiroshima
Day 8: Hiroshima
Day 9: Hiroshima/Kyoto
Day 10: Kyoto
Day 11: Kyoto
Day 12: Kyoto
- Hotels (10 nts), traditional Inn (1 nt)
11 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
Note: Allow USD475-620 for meals not included.
- Bullet train, express train, local train, ferry, metro, taxi, public bus, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Tsukiji Sushi Experience, Tokyo
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Zen Buddhist Meditation and Calligraphy, Kyoto
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Kembu Masters, Kyoto
- Your Hands-On Moment: Chopstick and Gold Leaf Painting Experience, Kanazawa
- Tour of Tokyo including Meiji Jingu Shrine and Asakusa and Harajuka districts
- Walking tour of Tsumago Village and countryside
- Kaiseki dinner
- Visit Kanazawa samurai and geisha districts
- Visit Nomura Family Samurai Residence and Myoryuji Ninja Temple
- Visit Himeji Castle
- Visit Hiroshima Peace Memorial
- Excursion to Miyajima Island
- Zen meditation experience
- Tour Kyoto and Nara including Fushimi Inari, Kinkaku-ji Golden Pavilion, Todaiji Temple, Kasuga Taisha Shrine (Jan - Sep)
- Visit Gion Geisha district
- Japan Rail (JR) pass (7 days)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Tokyo and from Kyoto are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Iconic Japan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 260 today.
- Earn US$ 173+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Iconic Japan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Iconic Japan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Iconic Japan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : National Geographic JourneysGreater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.