- City sightseeing
- Local culture
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 15
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Experience the past in Takayama's folk village and Kyoto's historic centre.
- Explore Kanazawa Castle.
- Lose yourself in the picturesque Kenrokuen Garden and the Ninja Temple.
- Marvel at iconic Mt Fuji and Miyajima's floating torii gate
From the towers and gadgets of Tokyo to the serenity of sacred shrines and the soaring beauty of Mt Fuji, this tour provides the perfect blend of guided excursions and free time to explore this fascinating region at your own pace. Linger in the gardens of Kyoto, shoot through the mountain air on a Shinkansen bullet train, and stay in a traditional ryokan for the ultimate in Japanese luxury.
Day 1: Tokyo
Day 2: Tokyo/Kanazawa
Day 3: Kanazawa
Day 4: Kanazawa/Takayama
Day 5: Takayama
Day 6: Takayama/Hiroshima
Day 7: Hiroshima
Day 8: Hiroshima/Kyoto
Day 9: Kyoto
Day 10: Kyoto
Day 11: Kyoto/Fujikawaguchiko
Day 12: Fujikawaguchiko/Mount Fuji
Day 13: Mount Fuji/Tokyo
Day 14: Tokyo
- Hotels (9 nts), traditional inn (1 nt), traditional inns (2 nts, shared facilities), mountain hut (1 nt, multi-share).
2 breakfasts, 2 dinners
Note: Allow USD660-860 for meals not included.
- Bullet train, tram, ferry, public bus, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Discover Moment: Kyoto
- Your Wellness Moment: Onsen Spa Visit
- Hida No Sato folk village visit (Takayama)
- Kanazawa Castle and Kenroku-en garden visit
- Samurai and geisha districts visit (Kanazawa)
- Hiroshima Peace Park and Museum visit
- Miyajima excursion with floating torii gate visit
- Nijo Castle and gardens visit (Kyoto)
- Kinkaku-ji Golden Pavilion visit
- Daisen-in Temple and Zen garden visit
- Fushimi Inari Shrine visit
- Mt Fuji Hike (2 days
- tours departing June 20-Aug 18)
- Hiking in the Five Lakes Region (tours departing Aug 19-June 19)
- Kaiseki dinner
- Japan Rail (JR) pass (14 days)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Tokyo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover Japan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 220 today.
- Earn US$ 147+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover Japan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 February 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 February 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Discover Japan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Japan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
minimum 12 years oldDoes this trip suit me?
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.