Best of Mexico
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Local culture
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3465
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- This is one of our most comprehensive adventures in Mexico, covering historical and cultural highlights from Mexico City through to the Caribbean coast.
- Take a step way way back during enlightening guided tours through the ancient ruins of Chichen Itza, Teotihuacan, Palenque and Mitla.
- Get a taste of Maya culture during a homecooked Pibil lunch with a local family, sampling this traditional method of cooking which involves barbecuing food underground.
- Explore the Maya communities surrounding San Cristobal de las Casas and learn about local culture, religion and the traditional way of life retained in the highlands.
- Discover the mighty Sumidero Canyon on board a guided boat tour, cruising below the canyon’s towering walls and spotting wildlife along the way.
Raise a margarita glass to the beauty and culture of Mexico on this in-depth 15-day adventure. Discover Maya history at the incredible Chichen Itza ruins and visit indigenous communities near the charming San Cristobal de las Casas. Indulge in a traditional Pibil feast with a Maya family and learn about Zapotec culture over lunch in a local home. Stroll the charming streets of Merida, browse the colourful markets of Oaxaca and chill out on the beaches of Playa del Carmen. From museums and ruins to canyons and waterfalls, this journey will give you a taste of Mexico’s best.
Day 1: Mexico City
Day 2: Mexico City
Day 3: Puebla
Day 4: Oaxaca
Day 5: Oaxaca
Day 6: Oaxaca
Day 7: Salina Cruz
Day 8: San Cristobal de las Casas
Day 9: San Cristobal de las Casas
Day 10: Palenque
Day 11: Palenque
Day 12: Merida
Day 13: Merida
Day 14: Playa del Carmen
Day 15: Playa del Carmen
- Comfortable Hotel (14 nights)
- 14 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Private vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Mexico City - National Museum of Anthropology (entrance fee) (Closed Mondays)
- Mexico City - Leader-led Historico Centro tour
- Mexico City - Diego Rivera Murals in the Mural Museum (Entrance Fee)
- Mexico City - Metropolitan Cathedral (entrance fee)
- Teotihuacan - Archaeological site (Entrance fee, Guide & Transport)
- Leader-led Informal Spanish Lesson
- Puebla - Leader-led orientation walk
- Oaxaca - Leader-led orientation walk
- Mitla - Archaeological site (Entrance fee, Guide & Transport)
- Oaxaca - Zapotecan home-cooked lunch
- Oaxaca - Tule Tree
- Sumidero Canyon - Boat Excursion (entrance and transport)
- San Cristobal de las Casas - Leader-led orientation walk
- Zinacantan - Maya Church (entrance fee)
- San Juan Chamula - Maya Church (entrance fee)
- Agua Azul - Waterfall Visit
- Palenque - Archaeological site (Guide, Transport & Entrance fee)
- Merida - Leader-led orientation walk
- Chichen Itza - Archaeological site (Entrance fee, Guide & Transport)
- Chichen Itza - Home-cooked pibil lunch
- Any international flights to Mexico City and from Playa Del Carmen are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Mexico tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 133+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Mexico tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 May 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 May 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Mexico tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Mexico tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- Some included activities, such as guided tours of archaeological sites can involve a lot of walking. Please ensure you bring sturdy walking shoes and comfortable clothes. To make the most of the trip, it's best if you have at least a moderate level of fitness.
- This trip includes time spent travelling in a private vehicle with your group. Extra space can be tight, and conditions may feel a little cramped. It's all part of the adventure and a great way to get to know your fellow travellers. There are a few long days of travel, as you'll be covering a lot of ground. You will, however, make stops at interesting locations to break up the longer drives. Please read the itinerary carefully for travel time estimates.
- The tropical climate of Central America means conditions can be hot and humid. Always carry plenty of water with you and stay hydrated, especially on walking tours.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
How many days should I spend in Mexico?
Seven days will be enough if you plan to cram all the major highlights into your Mexico itinerary. However, you would need more time if you prefer an in-depth exploration of Mexico, its culture, and its people. Our guide on how many days to spend in Mexico provides a detailed answer to your question.
- Do the people of Mexico speak English?
What do I need to travel to Mexico?
To enter Mexico, you will need a valid passport or travel document and a completed Multiple Migratory Form (FMM). Immigration officers may also request additional documents like return tickets, hotel reservations, letters of invitation or acceptance, etc., depending on the purpose of your visit. It is vital that you keep your FMM safe because it is also required when you leave the country.
- What is the best month is to visit Mexico?
Is Mexico a family-friendly destination?
Yes. Mexico is one of the best places to visit with family. The culture is family-oriented, and most tourist destinations would welcome your kids with open arms. The attractions in cities like Riviera Maya, Los Cabos, Tulum, Cancun, and Puerto Vallarta are super family-friendly. You can rest assured that adults and kids alike would never run out of things to see and do.