Wonders of the American West
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5-99 yrs
- max group size 40
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-21154
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Grand Canyon National Park: Join your Local Expert, Canyon Tim, for an informative talk about the wonders of the Grand Canyon. With over seven years of experience in geology, you'll learn about the origins of the five-million-year-old canyon, its rock formation and its current impact. You'll also discover the local flora and fauna, and find out where you might be able to spot elk, mule deer, coyotes, grey foxes, bobcats and mountain lions.
- Glen Canyon Dam: Later today, you’ll stop by the Glen Canyon Dam where you’ll learn about its history and impact on the Colorado River.
- Mesa Verde National Park: Make your way to Mesa Verde National Park, See the ancient pueblo cliff dwellings, known as the Cliff Palace. As the day draws to a close, your lodge awaits you inside the park. Be in awe of the sweeping vistas that surround and reach into three states.
- Monument Valley: Meet your Navajo Local Experts and board all-terrain vehicles with open sides for a private, off-the-beaten path exploration of this magical valley. Learn about Navajo history, culture and heritage from your expert as you travel deeper in the natural wonders of this unique landscape.
- Mesa Verde National Park: See the ancient pueblo cliff dwellings, known as the Cliff Palace.
- Arches National Park: Enjoy views of the natural formations, including the iconic Delicate Arch.
- Capitol Reef National Park: Join your Travel Director to see the natural sights along Capitol Reef's Waterpocket Fold, known as “a geological wrinkle on earth”. The geologic monocline extends almost 100 miles and is filled with cliffs, canyons, domes and bridges. Admire petroglyphs and the domed shaped sandstone walls along the canyon.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Head to the sandstone cliffs of Bryce Canyon National Park in Southern Utah. Here you will be met by pine trees and red rock pillars. Take a leisurely walk along Sunset Point while you view the great amphitheatres of the odd-shaped monoliths, known as hoodoos.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: The Park is home to the most spectacular collection of hoodoos - tall skinny shafts of rock that protrude from the bottom of arid basins. While hoodoos are scattered throughout these areas, they are most abundant in the northern section of Bryce Canyon National Park.
- Zion National Park: See the grandeur and natural features of the canyon in total comfort while traveling via private open-air tram with live on-board commentary.
- Show more
See the best of the American West on this 10-Day guided tour. Join a Local Expert at Grand Canyon National Park for a one-of-a-kind experience: Allow the expert to guide you through the park while teaching you about how this national treasure was formed. On the way to picturesque Lake Powell, stop at the Glen Canyon Dam, then lounge at the pool of your hotel. In Page, enjoy a Navajo inspired taco buffet dinner and performance. Meet a Navajo guide in Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, where you will board ATVs, explore the valley and learn about the tribe’s history. Later, eat a traditional Navajo lunch amid the valley’s beautiful buttes and mesas. In Moab, see the ancient pueblo dwellings in Mesa Verde National Park, where the Ancestral Pueblo people once lived. Travel to Bryce Canyon National Park to explore its rock pillars and natural amphitheaters — then feast with your fellow travelers overlooking the park’s iconic orange rock formations.
Day 1: Arrive in Las Vegas
Day 2: The Wonders of the Grand Canyon
Day 3: Grand Canyon and Lake Powell
Day 4: A Leisurely day at Lake Powell Relaxed Start
Day 5: Monument Valley and the Navajo Nation
Day 6: Mesa Verde and Moab
Day 7: Delve into Canyonlands and Arches National Parks
Day 8: Capitol Reef and Bryce Canyon National Parks
Day 9: Whimsical Bryce Canyon National Park Relaxed Start
Day 10: Zion National Park, back to Las Vegas
- Welcome Dinner in Las Vegas • Navajo cookout Highlight Lunch in Monument Valley • Dine-Around evening Moab • Celebration Dinner at Bryce Canyon National Park
- Las Vegas: At 18:00, join your Travel Director and companions for a Welcome Dinner with wine at Mon Ami Gabi perched directly off Las Vegas Boulevard.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Get together with your new friends for a memorable Celebration Dinner within the park's beautiful surroundings.
- Monument Valley: Experience true authentic dining as you explore Monument Valley with a traditional Navajo cookout. Prepared by Navajo women in their tribal lands, this experience demonstrates their culture and supports the community. Dine on delicious steak and tasty Navajo Tacos, or try the or veggie option, all served with fried bread, corn on the cob and beans.
- 5 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- 9 Breakfast (B)
- 1 Lunch (L)
- Paris Las Vegas hotel
- Grand Canyon National Park Lodge hotel
- Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas hotel
- Far View Lodge hotel
- Element Moab hotel
- The Lodge at Bryce Canyon hotel
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- Grand Canyon: Join your Travel Director for a relaxed hike along the rim of the Grand Canyon from Mather Point to Yavapai Point. 1.4 miles (2.25 kilometres) roundtrip, this scenic hike will provide spectacular views of the canyon's unique geology. Alternatively, join a local expert at your hotel to learn all about the local flora and fauna of the Grand Canyon.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxurious, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom. Our customized luxury coaches are sanitized before the start of your tour and are maintained to very high standards. Physical distancing measures have been implemented on our customized luxury coaches.
- We only work with establishments we are confident will consistently adhere to our high well-being standards, which include hotels, restaurants and sight-seeing venues.
- Travel by coach
- Experienced Driver Guide
- From time to time, your Travel Director will delight you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Monument Valley: Take a journey through Monument Valley Navajo Tribal park, meeting Navajo Local Experts on a guided journey across tribal land. Learn about Navajo history, culture and heritage, plus the careful balance maintained here between the tribes and the land.
- Experience enhanced hygiene protocols to align with the latest guidance following COVID-19. All Travel Directors, Well-Being Directors and Drivers have completed training in enhanced well-being and hygiene protocols.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- Hand sanitizer is freely available on board for you to use throughout the day.
- Any international flights to/from Las Vegas are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Wonders of the American West tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 125+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wonders of the American West tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 July 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 July 2023, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Wonders of the American West tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wonders of the American West tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children below 16 who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.