- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5-99 yrs
- max group size 40
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-23457
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
See the very best of Britain on this 9-day guided tour that traverses Scotland, Wales, and England. At Edinburgh Castle, sit on the Stone of Destiny, the sandstone seat upon which dozens of Scottish monarchs were crowned. Survey the English Lake District, where mountainous peaks give way to miles and miles of lakes, scenery so picturesque it inspired the words of William Wordsworth. Plus, discover the mystery of Stonehenge, where towering prehistoric stones cast shadows on emerald green fields; sail across Plymouth harbor, with views of the city's royal citadel; and indulge in a feast at a historic mill in the English countryside, enjoying organic seasonal produce freshly picked from the fields just outside.
Day 1: London and Medieval York
Day 2: Hadrian's Wall to Edinburgh
Day 3: Edinburgh Sightseeing
Day 4: Loch Lomond to Glasgow
Day 5: The Glorious Lake District
Day 6: The Welsh Marches and Cardiff
Day 7: Georgian Bath and Devon
Day 8: Dartmoor National Park Relaxed Start
Day 9: Stonehenge and London
- Dinner with Wine (x3)
- Breakfast (x8)
- Hilton York. hotel
- Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh., Edinburgh Hotel Holyrood By Marriott hotel
- Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh. hotel
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow. hotel
- Castle Green Hotel, Kendal. hotel
- Clayton Hotel, Cardiff. hotel
- Jurys Inn Plymouth. hotel
- Travel by coach
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Any international flights to/from London are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Britain tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 126+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Britain tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 01 December 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 01 December 2023, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Britain tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Britain tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children below 16 who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
How do I plan a 15-day trip to Europe?
If you are planning to visit multiple countries, you should prepare a tentative list of destinations you are interested in. If it is your first trip, stick to major cities and cultural centers for the sake of simplicity and convenience. Also, be flexible and optimize your travel time and budget. Be open to changing your itinerary depending on schedules and ticket prices.
Where to travel in Europe?
Europe has swathes of spectacular landscapes, a rich history, and vibrant cultures. Therefore, deciding on the best travel destinations on the continent can be difficult. However, you can narrow down on highlights by choosing one overarching theme for your trip.
If you are looking forward to immersing yourself in art and history, then Italy, Spain, and France should be on the top of your list. Head for Switzerland, Norway, or Croatia if nature is what you love the most. For beaches and water sports, you will be hard-pressed to find better destinations than Greece, Portugal, and Montenegro.
Having said that, you can also diversify your itinerary by mixing and matching different elements of the same country. Italy tops the charts not just for its medieval monuments and Renaissance art but also for coastal scenery and sun-soaked beaches. Similarly, Spain is a foodie paradise as much as it is an architectural hotspot.
How to travel around Europe cheap?
Bus services like FlixBus and BusAbout offer a convenient means of transport if you wish to move from one city to another within the same country. Although these services do travel between countries, they might not be the best choice due to a longer travel time.
Budget airlines are another great way to get around Europe’s major cities, especially when you want to cut down on travel time between two countries. Keep an eye out and you might be able to snag tickets at unbelievable rates. Services like Skyscanner can be of help. Some of the largest budget airlines in the continent are Ryanair, WizzAir, Eurowings, and EasyJet.
Ridesharing services are a godsend for those wishing to immerse themselves in local culture as they offer you the chance to catch a ride with locals along the way. BlaBlaCar is the largest one. The only downside is that it is not always as easy to book a rideshare service as it is to catch a bus or hop on a budget flight.
What is the best travel insurance for Europe?
There are dozens of insurance companies offering travel insurance, which can make it difficult for you to choose the right one.
There are a number of things that you should be aware of while purchasing travel insurance. If it is comprehensive medical insurance plans that you are interested in, make sure to find out what all the plan covers. If you are concerned about certain scenarios, then check out customizable travel insurance policies and find out if the provider can cover you for those situations. You also need to determine if there are reasonable coverage limits. Check deductibles and compensation limits in the insurance policy for this.
While insurance is important, it is mostly a safeguard against emergencies. If you are on a budget, you can go with the second- or even third-best option and prioritize getting your money’s worth instead of purchasing the most comprehensive coverage.