- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore Kakadu National Park.
- Spot crocs on a river cruise.
- Clink glasses at an Outback pub.
- Awe at majestic Uluru.
You’ve got just over two weeks in Australia, so what are you going to see? Everything! Travelling south from Darwin, tour Kakadu and Litchfield National Parks — the old stomping grounds of Crocodile Dundee — and check out some of the most diverse wildlife around. From there head to Katherine Gorge and decide if all the pictures you’ve seen have done it any justice (they haven’t!). Make your way towards the Red Centre and the magic of Uluru, followed by a stop in Coober Pedy, the neat underground town. Round it all off by taking in the scenery on your way to Melbourne along the Great Ocean Road.
Day 1: Darwin
Day 2: Darwin/Litchfield National Park
Day 3: Litchfield National Park/Kakadu National Park
Day 4: Kakadu National Park/Katherine Gorge
Day 5: Katherine/Daly Waters
Day 6: Daly Waters/Alice Springs
Day 7: Alice Springs
Day 8: Alice Springs/Uluru
Day 9: Uluru
Day 10: Uluru/Coober Pedy
Day 11: Coober Pedy/Ikara-Flinders Ranges
Day 12: Ikara-Flinders Ranges/Adelaide
Day 13: Adelaide
Day 14: Adelaide/Halls Gap
Day 15: Halls Gap/Port Campbell
Day 16: Port Campbell/Melbourne
- Hostels (8 nts), swag camping (6 nts), underground hostel (1 nt). All nights multi-share.
12 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 5 dinners
Note: Allow USD325-425 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, boat, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout.
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Wellness Moment: Mataranka Hot Springs Visit
- Your Foodie Moment: Local Food Experience, Clare Valley
- Your Discover Moment: Adelaide
- Wetland nature cruise in crocodile territory
- Visit to an Aboriginal art and craft centre
- Guided exploration of Kakadu and Litchfield NPs
- Underground mine tour
- Champagne sunset viewing of Uluru
- Mala Walk around Uluru and visit to the cultural centre
- Hike at Kings Canyon (seasonal)
- Rainforest walk in Great Otway NP
- 12 Apostles visit
- Walks in Grampians NP
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Darwin and from Melbourne are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Australia North to South – Darwin to Melbourne tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Australia North to South – Darwin to Melbourne tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 0 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 25 July 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Australia North to South – Darwin to Melbourne tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Australia North to South – Darwin to Melbourne tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.