- Booking Type Instant Booking
- tour type Private Tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Trek difficulty Hard
- The Northern Circuit route is our newest offering on Mount Kilimanjaro
- 360 degrees of beautiful scenery all along the trail
- Good route for acclimatization giving you the highest chance of summit success
The route approaches Mount Kilimanjaro from the west, beginning with a long drive from Moshi to Londorossi Gate. From there, the first two days are spent trekking through the rainforest to Shira Ridge, before crossing the Shira Plateau. Afterwards, the route heads north and circles clockwise from Moir Hut to Buffalo Camp to School Hut, before summiting from the east. Descent is made via the Mweka route.
The Northern Circuit route is certainly one of the best routes on Kilimanjaro. While you trek, you will see nearly 360 degrees of beautiful scenery as you traverse the mountain at 13,000 feet.
As the longest route on Kilimanjaro, the Northern Circuit also has the longest acclimatization time, giving you the highest chance of reaching the summit successfully. Thus, the Northern Circuit route is highly recommended.
The Northern Circuit is offered as a nine day group climb or private climb.
The hiking was beautiful, challenging but not overwhelming. Everyone in our group was able to summit because of the guiding, leadership and support of all the team. The guides, assistant guides, chef, and porters are excellent. Very professional and helpful. We choose Enosa because of its reputation for safety and success.
The only way to see the real Tanzania is with Enosa Expeditions. Their first priority is that you have the trip of your lifetime. They have a wonderful staff of friendly and helpful locals. The food is amazing. The guides are simply the best of the best. Regan and John are extremely knowledgeable, helpful and friendly for Mount Kilimanjaro.
We think the company offers some unique insights/experiences into the country because it is owned by Tanzanians.
Although I don't know when my schedule will permit it, I am already looking forward to my next trip with Enosa.”
Day 1: Kilimanjaro Airport to Moshi
Day 2: Climb to Kilimanjaro through Varied Farmland
Day 3: climb to Kilimanjaro through Moorland
Day 4: climb to Kilimanjaro though Shira Plateau
Day 5: climb to Kilimanjaro through Lava tower & Arrow Glacier
Day 6: limb to Kilimanjaro through Moir Valley
Day 7: climb to Kilimanjaro Buffalo Ridge and Pofu
Day 8: climb to Kilimanjaro through the Saddle
Day 9: climb to Kilimanjaro to Gilman’s Point
Day 10: climb to Kilimanjaro Retrace though Forest.
Day 11: Moshi – Kilimanjaro Airport
- Transfer from and to the International Airport
- National park fees
- Certified and Experienced professional English speaking guide
- Meals according to the itinerary
- Optional acytivities
- Sleeping bag
- Personal mountain gears
- Save +US$ 77 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.