6 Day Mount Kilimanjaro Trekking - Marangu Route
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- E-ticket/Mobile voucher
- duration 6 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5-79 yrs
- guiding method Fully guided
- Trek difficulty Easy
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Tour Code BM-2839
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Climb Kilimanjaro via the most classic route of Marangu
- Enjoy the most spectacular landscape
- Professional english speaking guides and porters
The minimum days required for this route is five, although the probability of successfully reaching the top in that time period is quite low. Spending an extra acclimatization day on the mountain is highly recommended when climbing Kilimanjaro using the Marangu route.
Please see the itinerary above for day to day activity of the tour.
Day 1: Moshi – Marangu Gate (1,860 m) – Mandara hut (2,700 m)
Day 2: Mandara Hut (2,700 m) – Horombo Hut (3,700 m)
Day 3: Horombo Hut – Zebra Rocks – Horombo hut
Day 4: Horombo Hut (3,700 m) – Kibo Hut (4,700 m)
Day 5: Kibo Hut (4,700 m) – Uhuru Peak (5,895 m) – Horombo Hut
Day 6: Horombo Hut (3,700 m) – Marangu Gate (1,860 m) – Moshi
- Kilimanjaro trekking according to the itinerary
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Mountain crew (cook & porters)
- Meals during the climb
- Drinking water
- Overnight stays in hotels and mountain tents
- Camping equipment (tents, sleeping mats, chairs, tables etc.)
- Portable toilet and toilet tent
- All national park fees
- All mentioned transfers
- Optional activities
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Visa fees
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc
- Travel insurance
- Earn US$ 53+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.
When is the great wildebeest migration?
The great wildebeest migration starts anytime between late April and early June. And if you are interested in seeing the grand spectacle of wildebeest crossing the Grumeti or Mara Rivers, you should plan your trip around late July or early August. However, it is important to note that the timing of herd movements can vary.
Is Tanzania a family-friendly safari destination?
Tanzania is an excellent safari destination for families. The country has one of the most diverse wildlife populations in Africa, and there are countries with action-packed game drives that your children might enjoy. Furthermore, many of the destinations are quite affordable for family safari holidays. The only caveat is that Tanzania falls under Africa's malaria belt. Thus, traveling with children under six years of age is not recommended. Many safaris have age restrictions due to safety concerns.
- Do I need a visa and passport to travel to Tanzania?
- What is the best month to visit Tanzania?
- What are Tanzania's best birding spots?