- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Fully guided
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Spot the black and white colobus monkeys
- Transport is included
- Staff salaries are included on the costs
The Machame Route, with its diverse landscape and fantastic views, offers a unique experience to test your will power, fitness finesse and mental strength. The route takes you through lush rainforest, where colobus monkeys roam, into heath and moorland, with its many ferns and ericas, until finally reaching the icy caps of the mountain top. Overnights on the Machame Route will be in tents. It is not difficulty to climb because you will be guided by our professional tour guide.
Day 1: Machame Gate (1,790 m) – Machame Camp (3,010 m)
Day 2: Machame Camp (3,010 m) – Shira hut Campsite (3,845 m)
Day 3: Shira hut campsite – Lava Tower – Baranco camp
Day 4: Shira hut campsite – Lava Tower– Baranco camp
Day 5: Barranco Camp (3,960 m) – Barafu Camp (4,640 m)
Day 6: Barafu Camp (4,640 m) – Uhuru Peak(5,895 m) -Mweka Camp
Day 7: Mweka Camp (3,080 m) – Mweka Gate (1,630 m) – Moshi
- Professional english-speaking guide
- Kilimanjaro trekking according to the itinerary
- Mountain crew (cook & porters)
- Meals during the climb
- Drinking water
- Overnight stays in hotels and mountain tents
- Camping equipment (tents, sleeping mats, chairs, tables etc.)
- All national park fees
- All mentioned transfers
- Optional activities
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Visa fees
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Travel insurance
- Earn US$ 56+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.