- City sightseeing
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 48
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Explore Lisbon, Évora and Porto with a Local Specialist
- Discover the Algarve, Lagos, Castelo de Vide, Viseu, Coimbra, Tomar, Nazaré and Óbidos
- Visit the Hieronymite Monastery in Lisbon, the cathedral in Évora, the Palace Gardens at Palacio de Mateus, the Stock Exchange Palace, Arabian Hall and a local port wine cellar in Porto, the University Library of Coimbra, the Convent of Christ in Tomar, the Shrine at Fátima, the Gothic Monastery at Batalha and the medieval village of Óbidos
- View the Castle of Guimarães
- Connect with Locals Saddle up for a superb stud farm visit, the tragic story of unrequited love and a traditional homecooked meal during a Be My Guest lunch with Tiago and Vera in Portugal's beautiful Alentejo. (Day 3)
- Dive into Culture Visit the Hieronymite Monastery, a former monastery of the Order of Saint Jerome and exquisite example of Manueline architecture. (Day 2) Sample the Douro Valley's delicious Port winemaking tradition at one of the local Port wine lodges. (Day 8)
- Show more
This Best of Portugal journey reveals a nation's proud history, warm-hearted locals and soul-warming cuisine. Starting in Lisbon, you'll travel north and south to explore a Templar stronghold, watch thoroughbreds perform at an Alentejo farm and visit the Algarve.
Day 1: Welcome to Lisbon
Day 2: Discover Colourful Lisbon
Day 3: Journey to the Algarve Region
Day 4: Cliffs, Scenery and More in the Algarve
Day 5: Onwards to Elegant vora
Day 6: Venture Past Mountains to Viseu
Day 7: Through the Douro Valley to Porto
Day 8: Explore Vibrant Porto
Day 9: On to Coimbra and Pilgrimage to Ftima
Day 10: Experience Village Life Returning to Lisbon
Day 11: Farewell Lisbon
- 10 breakfasts
- 1 lunch (Be My Guest)
- 4 dinners
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Hand-picked Trip Highlights
- Any international flights to/from Lisbon are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Portugal tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 69+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Portugal tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 March 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 March 2022, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Portugal tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Portugal tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Small group version of this tour may be available, which limits the group size to generally 29 people.
- Groups traveling together will be seated together, and face coverings will be required where mandated, otherwise it is the choice of our guests if they wish to wear face coverings when traveling on the coach. Additionally, all surfaces will be disinfected multiple times per day, and due to our high performing air filters the air within the coach will be completely filtered and changed every 2-3 minutes
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children aged 5-15, who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.