- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 14
- Scenic Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara
- Amazing Flight from Pokhara to Jomsom
- Explore the Hidden Kingdom of Lomanthang Mustang
- Experience the Tibetan Culture and Lifestyle
This mystical region is geologically and culturally a part of the Tibetan plateau. Its valleys are arid and dry with colourful rock formations and cliffs. Behind the cliffs stand the Himalayan peaks, awe-strikingly beautiful and snow-topped. Part of Mustang’s beauty lies in the fact that this restricted region is visited only by a limited number of tourists, which leaves it one of the few places on the planet where one can see undisturbed Tibetan culture.
Mustang is well known not only for its unique, breathtaking landscapes but also for its unique cuisine and production of a tasty apple liqueur. For the brave trekkers and the ones keen on experimenting, the tasting of the local butter tea is an unforgettable experience and a chance to near oneself to the lifestyle of the local population.
THE ONLY DOWNSIDE on the tour is that a road is being build cutting through the valley and up to Tibet. This road construction can at times be a nuisance and obstruct the beautiful views that otherwise exists on the path. I hope for the people of Mustang and trekkers that the old trekking roads that has given way for the new double lane road will be reconstructed higher up the mountain-slopes as that will increase the experience.
I can truly recommend this tour.”
We had a fantastic experience on the trek with our excellent guide Tersang making sure we were all looked after the whole time. He was very knowledgeable about the region, telling us the history of the places we visited and he knew the best places to stay and visit. We went at a pace that suited us and when my partner injured herself he organised a Jeep at short notice.
Tersang is very friendly and personable and made the tough days easier.
We would highly recommend Tersang and this company.”
Day 1: Arrival at the International Airport in Kathmandu
Day 2: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara
Day 3: Fly from Pokhara to Jomsom (2,720 m) & Trek to Kagbeni
Day 4: Trek from Kagbeni (2,800 m) to Chaile (3,030 m)
Day 5: Trek from Chaile to Geling (3,440 m)
Day 6: Trek from Geling to Charang /Tsarang (3,490 m)
Day 7: Trek from Tsarang to Lo Manthang (3,730 m)
Day 8: Visit Namgyal Gompa and Tingkhar
Day 9: Trek from Lo Manthang to Ghar Gompa (3,920 m)
Day 10: Trek from Ghar Gompa to Geling (3,440 m)
Day 11: Trek from Geling to Chele (3,030 m)
Day 12: Trek from Chele to Jomsom
Day 13: Fly back from Jomsom to Pokhara
Day 14: Take a tourist bus from Pokhara to Kathmandu
Day 15: Transfer to airport and depart
- Airport transfers by private car in Kathmandu
- Round trip tourist bus to Pokhara
- 2 nights accommodation in Kathmandu at 3 star hotels
- Round trip flight to Jomsom
- Annapurna Conservation Area permit fee
- Three Times meal (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) in a day during the trek
- Experienced and licensed trekking guide
- Sleeping bag, Trekking Poles, Duffle bag ( If necessary)
- 2 nights accommodation in Pokhara on twin sharing basis
- Twin sharing accommodation during the trek
- Breakfast while in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- All taxes
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Special Trekking permit to enter Mustang region
- Any drinks as tea, coffee, hot water, alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, mineral water, laundry, internet, phonecall
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
- Earn US$ 43+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
It depends on the situation. Sometimes, altitude sickness can be treated and the trekker may wish to continue. If not, the rest of the group can continue on if they want and the sick person can descend.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.