- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 20
- Drive overland to Mount Everest Base Camp
- Visit Tibetan monasteries and temples
- Admire the spectacular views of Yamdrok Lake
- Walk inside the Potala Palace in Lhasa
The tour starts off in Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal and the capital of Nepal’s culture, religion and architecture. The vibrant history of this mystical and ancient place has left its mark in the distinctive architecture that ornaments the city. The Himalayan giants are visible from the city itself and combine with the ancient architecture for spectacular views. We'll take you to the edge of the Kathmandu valley to the famous tourist destination of Nagarkot Village, where you will get an even more spectacular view of the Himalayan range.
Your journey continues to Tibet – a secluded piece of land rich in spectacular landscapes, mystical monasteries and vibrant culture. See the beautiful Tibetan cities and towns of Lhasa, Gyantse, Shigatse and Rongbuk, where we'll visit popular landmarks like the Dalai Lama’s Potala and Norbulingka Palaces, the Tibet Museum, Barkhor Bazaar and Gyantse Dzong, as well as impressive Tibetan monasteries like Sera, Drepung, and Jokhang Temple.
We also cross several passes and visit the beautiful YamdrokTso Lake on our trip. Afterwards, drive across the Tibetan highlands and high passes to the fabled Rongphu Monastery and Mt. Everest Base Camp from where the view of the great North face of Mount Everest is the most spectacular of all.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 2: Sightseeing around Kathmandu and Visa Apply Da
Day 3: Trip preparation day
Day 4: Fly to Lhasa
Day 5: Sightseeing in Lhasa city
Day 6: Sightseeing in Lhasa
Day 7: Overland from Lhasa to Gyantse
Day 8: Gyantse Sightseeing & Gyantse to Shigatse
Day 9: Shigatse to Rongbuk
Day 10: Rongbuk to Everest Base Camp to Tingri
Day 11: Tingri to Lhasa via Shigatse
Day 12: Fly to Kathmandu
Day 13: Departure
- Airport transfer in Nepal & Tibet by private coach
- 4 nights accommodation in Kathmandu at 3 star hotels, including breakfast
- Tibet visa fees, entrance fees and all necessary permits
- Experienced tour guide (including services, salary, accommodation and meals)
- Sightseeing in Lhasa including entrance fees, guide and transportation
- Twin sharing accommodation in Tibet, including breakfast
- Government taxes & fees
- Meals in Kathmandu & Tibet (except breakfast)
- Travel Insurance
- Kathmandu to Lhasa return airfare
- Earn US$ 58+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.