- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5483 meters
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Enjoy great views of Mt Everest, Mt Lhotse, Mt Makalu, Mt Cho Oyou and other peaks
- Experience Sherpa culture & traditions and the lifestyle of the mountain people
- See the beautiful Gokyo lake and Nepal's largest glacier Ngozumpa glacier
More that a dozen snow-covered mountain peaks are visible from Gokyo peak (Gokyo Ri) including several 8,000+ meter peaks such as Mount Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Kanchaenjunga and Cho Oyu. You also get wonderful views of Ngozumpa glacier - the largest glacier in Nepal. At the base of Gokyo Ri is a small hamlet made up of a few stone houses which is also one of the highest settlements in the world. From Gokyo Ri we can get great views of the lakes in the area, especially the emerald Gokyo lake.
Trekking around Gokyo valley is considered a traditional trek that offers magnificent views of the mountain peaks. The image of this region is associated with the soaring views of the most popular mountains in Nepal such as Cho Oyu, Everest, Lhotse and Makalu which are clearly visible from Gokyo Ri above Gokyo Lake. One of the most remarkable views is of the tremendous ice ridge between Cho Oyu and Gyachung (2,922m) located in the Khumbu region.
Join us on this trek and enjoy the Gokyo region. Please see the itinerary section for more details.
We had a great time at Poonhill. It was nice and easy booking. Very good service and a reasonable price. We will definitely use this company again Nepal Lion Tours and Treks ( P) LTD.”
Day 1: Day 01 - Fly to Lukla (2,804m) - Trek to Phakding
Day 2: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,441m)
Day 3: Namche Bazaar acclimatization day
Day 4: Trek to Phorste Thanga (3,680m)
Day 5: Trek to Machherma (4,470m)
Day 6: Trek to Gokyo (4,790m)
Day 7: Trek to Gokyo Ri (5,483m) and back to Gokyo
Day 8: Trek to Dole (4,200m )
Day 9: Trek to Namche Bazaar via Khumjung village (3,780m)
Day 10: Trek to Lukla (2,804m)
Day 11: Morning flight back to Kathmandu
- Airport pick-up and drop-off services in a private vehicle
- Domestic flight Kathmandu / Ramechhap - Lukla - Kathmandu / Ramechhap inclusive with all taxes and transfers
- Food throughout the trek (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and a cup of coffee or tea)
- One licensed English-speaking guide (Chinese, Korean, Hindi also available)
- Transportation, food, accommodation and insurance of guide during the trip
- Down jacket, all-season sleeping bag, duffel bag (must be returned after completion of the trip)
- First aid medical kit (carried by the guide)
- All required permits and paperwork
- Complimentary welcome or farewell dinner in Kathmandu at a cultural restaurant
- A nation-wide operable mobile SIM card and a map of the trekking region
- KTM 1xBedroom/night+BB
- KTM 2xBedroom/night+BB
- International airfare
- Visa fees
- Hotel expenses (in Kathmandu)
- Your travel and medical insurance
- Personal expenses such as shopping, bar bills, hot shower, telephone, laundry, titbits etc
- Emergency expenses such as expenses on charted helicoptor
- Tips for guides and porters
- Services not mentioned or not promised by the agent/agency
- Earn US$ 33+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.Other Practical InformationImportant Note: Flight Delay in Kathmandu and Lukla! The Twin Otter Plane only the mode of transport to and from Lukla on this tour, Sometimes, flights to and from Lukla may be cancelled due to mountain weather conditions as the weather in mountain is really unpredictable so, we have kept one extra day in the end of the tour on our tour itinerary to use in the case of flight delay or cancel to or from Lukla so, if the flights cancel for 2 or more days, we will charter a helicopter to ensure you are on scheduled flight to your home or other destination. The cost of this extra service is payable directly to our office in Kathmandu if you have to use this service in US cash, or credit cards (Visa Cards, Master Cards only) then we will give you receipt of the payment from which you can claim the amount from your insurance.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?