- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 15
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Enjoy an ultimate trekking experience in the Everest region
- See magnificent views of the Himalayas, including Mount Everest, from Kala Patthar
- Travel past sherpa hamlets, learn more about their culture
Starting with a 30-minute flight from Kathmandu to the small airstrip in Lukla, the trail to the Everest Base Camp runs through the Khumbu region, travelling through Namche Bazaar, commonly referred to as the 'gateway to Everest', Dingboche, Lobuche and Tengboche (home to the highest monastery in the world). Reach Everest Base Camp(5310m) on Day 9 of this trip and hike to the top of Kala Pattar (5545m) on Day 10.
Enjoy stunning views of the Himalayas from Kala Pattar before making your way back to Lukla, from where you will catch a flight back to Kathmandu. You have 2 free days during this trip for acclimatization. For more details, please refer to the itinerary below.
We are very glad that you enjoyed our services in Nepal and found our team extremely helpful. Thanks for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you in Nepal soon.
Thank you so much for your Feedback and recommendation. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience you had with us here on Bookmundi.
Nepal Climbing Adventure Team”
There are many little villages along the route, so theres always somewhere to call in for lunch, and numerous shops if you need any more hiking supplies, most noticeably in the town of Namche in which youll spend a couple of days. Wifi and charging services can be found in most guesthouses, though these will not be free beyond Lukla.
Our guide Nuri was excellent, always cheerful, knowledgeable and making sure we were OK. And a big thanks to our porters Durgha and Abhinash. I has initially thought about trying to carry all my own stuff on the trek, but opted for a porter the day before the trek. And Im very glad I did, it was a tough walk at times even with just my day bag.
Please note that flights between Kathmandu and Lukla can be cancelled in the case of bad weather. So always book your flights onwards from Kathmandu a couple of days after the trek ends in case you have problems getting back.”
Thank you for choosing us and sharing your experience with us here on Bookmundi. We are Pleased to know that our guide, Nuri among with Durga and Abhinash's service made you happy and pleased to receive such a detailed feedback that will also help other travelers planning a Nepal trek. Thank you once again and look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Nepal Climbing Adventure Team”
The entire NCA Team is very happy on your successful trek to Everest Base camp. We are delighted to receive your wonderful review here on Bookmundi. We hope we will get opportunities again to assist you with your travel.
Nepal Climbing Adventure Team”
Day 1: Kathmandu arrival
Day 2: Kathmandu - Lukla (flight) & trek to Phakding
Day 3: Phakding - Namche Bazaar
Day 4: Acclimatisation day in Namche Bazaar
Day 5: Namche Bazaar - Tengboche
Day 6: Tengboche - Dingboche
Day 7: Acclimatisation day in Dingboche
Day 8: Dingboche - Lobuche
Day 9: Lobuche - Everest Base Camp - Gorakhshep
Day 10: Hike to Kala Patthar & trek back to Pheriche
Day 11: Pheriche - Namche Bazaar
Day 12: Namche Bazaar - Lukla
Day 13: Lukla - Kathmandu (flight)
Day 14: Reserve day
Day 15: Kathmandu departure
- All airport transfers. Domestic flight tickets: Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu
- 3 night's tourist standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu. Guesthouse accommodation during the trek
- 14 breakfasts
- An experienced, English-speaking tour guide
- Sagarmatha (Everest) National Park permits and Khumbu Pashang Lhamu Rural Municipality tax
- A first aid medical kit & an oxymeter. We will help you with rescue and evacuation arrangements in case of an emergency.
- A sleeping bag, down jacket & a duffel bag (to be returned after the trek is over)
- Kathmandu Sightseeing
- Nepal visa fees (USD 30 for 15 days and USD 50 for 30 days)
- International flight tickets
- Travel/medical insurance that covers high-altitude climbing as well as accidents, emergencies and chopper evacuation
- Expenses that are personal in nature such as laundry, telephone, internet/e-mail, etc
- Meals except those mentioned on the itinerary. Bar and beverage bills
- Additional nights in hotels in Kathmandu (early arrival, late departure as well as early return from the trek)
- Tips to your guide and porter
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section or the itinerary
- Earn US$ 31+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- An average group size of maximum 8 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
What is the weather going to be like when I travel to Everest Base Camp?
The weather in Nepal varies by season. For example, November to January is the dry season with sunny days, clear skies and usually no rain. However, on Everest Base Camp, the temperatures at this altitude will be cold, particularly at night. February to May and September to October is the most popular time to travel to EBC, with usually fairly dry and stable weather, although there may be the occasional shower. June to August is monsoon season in Nepal, but once you pass 3,000 meters altitude there is less and less rain. Check out our guide on the best time to visit Nepal for more on specific monthly climate and seasons.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?