- Sightseeing tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover the Mesmerizing City of Lhasa
- Explore the Best of Ancient Buddhist Culture
- Be Surrounded by Some of the Most Exotic Mountains on the Planet
- Visit ancient relics such as Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple
This short tour of Tibet includes sightseeing through the ancient city of Lhasa. This wondrous city is generally regarded as the heart of Tibet and is filled with unparalleled history, culture, and beauty. The Potala Palace dominates the skyline with its powerful and ancient architecture. The numerous temples and monasteries surrounding the city, such as the Samye Monastery, Yungbulakang Palace, Tanddruk Monastery, Jokhang, sera and Drepung, allow travelers to experience Tibetan Buddhism first hand. A visit to these ancient monasteries will leave you with a sense of awe.
Day 1: Kathmandu - Lhasa by flight and transfer to Tsedang
Day 2: Tsedang - Lhasa
Day 3: Lhasa - Sightseeing
Day 4: Lhasa - Sightseeing
Day 5: Lhasa - Kathmandu
- Transfer by private vehicle hotel - airport - hotel
- Air fare Kathmandu - Lhasa - Kathmandu on economy class
- Accommodation in hotel, Tsedang on twin/double room sharing basis
- Accommodation in hotel, Lhasa on twin/double room sharing basis
- Daily breakfast during tour in Tibet
- Transportation by private vehicle during sightseeing in Tsedang and Lhasa
- Sightseeing guide during stay in Tibet as per itinerary
- Entrance fee of temple, monasteries and monuments
- China visa fee and Tibet travel permit
- Single Suplement
- Hotel Kathmandu
- Bar bills (any alcohol drinks, mineral water, cold drinks, cigarettes, etc)
- Personal expenses: laundry, shopping
- Personal clothing
- Personal travel and medical insurance
- Lunch and dinner during stay in Tibet
- Any unseen expenses produced by circumstances beyond our control such as natural disasters
- Tips/gratitude for guide, driver and other supporting staff
- Earn US$ 56+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationCHINESE VISA: Tibet is under Chinese jurisdiction, so you are required to hold a valid Chinese visa (issued by a Chinese Embassy), as well as a valid passport. If you are coming to Lhasa from Kathmandu, you have to get a Chinese visa from Embassy of China in Kathmandu (regardless of whether you already have a Chinese visa issued in your country) as a special administrative situation exists between China and Nepal. TIBET TRAVEL PERMITS There are two kinds of permits issued for traveling in Tibet: the entry permit (TTB permit, equivalent of a visa for Tibet) and the Alien travel permit (PSB permit). Travel Agency provides both types of permit. TTB PERMIT - TIBET ENTRY PERMIT When you fly into Lhasa you will need to show this permit when checking in at the airport. Also, in order to buy a flight to Lhasa in the first place you will need to show this permit. TTB permits are also needed by groups traveling by Land Cruiser, but you can obtain this permit only authorized travel agency. PSB PERMIT - ALIEN TRAVEL PERMIT If you want to travel restricted areas in Tibet, you will need an Alien travel permit issued by the PSB (Public Security Bureau) of Tibet. The Alien travel permit is also sometimes referred to as the PSB permit. You have to send us following documents to procedure Chinese visa and Tibet Travel Permit minimum 21 days before your tour initiates. Photocopy of your passport in colors (You can scan and send us by email). Photograph (one passport photo, you can scan and send us by email)
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.