- Bicycle tour
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Cycle along rivers, through forests and national parksDiscover four countries steeped in historyEnjoy Central European culture, cuisines, wines and beers
Cycle through landscapes of four countries; the Czech Republic, Austria, Slovakia and Hungary. This trip combines peaceful country lanes with well-marked cycle paths, including sections along the Danube, to showcase the best of Central Europe. Our itinerary meanders past castles, through rustic villages, along rivers and past lakes as we discover the former territories of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Highlights include UNESCO sites, national parks and the famous wine-making region of Moravia. Exploring the gentle countryside, rural towns and historic capitals by bike is a great way to sample the changing atmosphere and individual flavours of each region.
Day 1: Start Prague; optional sightseeing.
Day 2: Transfer to Ceske Budejovice; cycle to Cesky Krumlov by the Vltava River.
Day 3: Ride through the forests and hills to mediaeval spa town of Trebon.
Day 4: Cycle through the Trebon Basin along Greenways Trail to UNESCO town of Telc.
Day 5: Cycle past vineyards to Mikulov.
Day 6: Ride into Austria through the UNESCO grounds of Lednice, the Versailles of
Southern Moravia; continue to Poysdorf and transfer to Vienna.
Day 7: Free day in Vienna; morning optional guided bike ride around the city.
Day 8: Follow the Danube Cycle Path to the Donauauen N.P.; into Slovakia and on to
Day 9: Morning sightseeing in Bratislava; cycle to the Slovakia-Hungary border and
continue through Halaszi to Hedervar; transfer to Esztergom.
Day 10: Follow the Danube beneath Visegrad Castle, ride through rolling hills to Vac;
transfer to Budapest; free time for sightseeing.
Day 11: End Budapest.
- 10 nights in comfortable 3 and 4-star hotels, all rooms en suite8 days cycling with full vehicle supportGroup normally 4 to 14, plus local leader, assistant guide and support driver. Min age 16 yrsTravel by private minibus ,All breakfasts includedAll accommodationTransfer for group flightsLocal bike hire
- Any international flights to Prague and from Budapest are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Prague to Budapest Ride tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 192 today.
- Earn US$ 128+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Prague to Budapest Ride tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 September 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Prague to Budapest Ride tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Prague to Budapest Ride tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.