Wildlife & Wilderness of Botswana
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- duration 14 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-8002
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Glide along the Okavango Delta in mokoro canoes and wild camp in the wetlands
- Experience the silent beauty of the Makgadikgadi Pan
- See iconic African wildlife and lesser-known species
- Enjoy game viewing by foot, safari vehicle and boat
- Witness the mighty Victoria Falls
- Part of the Aldo Kane collection
- Citizen Science departures available on this trip
- Show more
Take a journey into the wilds of Botswana. Glide along the Okavango Delta in traditional mokoro canoes and admire a billion stars from the otherworldly and eerily silent Makgadikgadi Pans. Search for the emblematic wildlife of Africa on the Savuti Marsh and the Moremi Reserve and take to the Chobe River, home to the highest concentration of elephants anywhere. Finally discover why David Livingstone, upon seeing Victoria Falls, declared ‘scenes so lovely must have been gazed upon by angels in their flight.’Aldo Kane Collection: A hand-selected range of adventures by our Brand Ambassador:"This was always on my bucket list of trips, to see the Okavango Delta floods. I recently had the opportunity to travel down the iconic Okavango Delta waterways in traditional Mokoro canoes with the local Exodus expert Polers. Without a doubt, it was one of the most serene ways to travel I've ever experienced. It was so quiet that we could literally glide past herds of elephant, giraffe, buffalo and sections teeming with hippos without disturbing them." This trip includes a few of our Citizen Science Departures. These special departures offer you the opportunity to be involved in the collection of freshwater samples during the trip. The environmental DNA information derived from this sample will contribute directly to the e
Atlas; the world’s largest repository of flora and fauna species data, contributing to the conservation and restoration of biodiversity both locally and globally. To book onto one of these special departures, see the Dates & Prices tab. For more information on these departures and the e
Atlas, click here.
Day 1: Start Maun
Day 2: To Okavango Delta
Day 3: Morning game walk; sunset dug-out canoe trip on the Okavango Delta
Day 4: Return to Maun; free afternoon
Day 5: Visit Makgadikgadi Salt Pan
Day 6: To Zimbabwe and Victoria Falls
Day 7: Free day for optional activities at Victoria Falls
Day 8: Free morning to visit Victoria Falls; afternoon to Chobe; optional boat trip
Day 9: Discover Chobe National Park; visit Savuti
Day 10: Full-day game drive on the Savuti Marsh
Day 11: Game drive on the way to Moremi
Day 12: Full day safari in Moremi Game Reserve
Day 13: Morning game drive in Moremi; to Maun
Day 14: End Maun
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, seven lunches, seven dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation (available on request)
- Visas or vaccinations
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 143+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wildlife & Wilderness of Botswana tour. You can cancel the tour up to 93 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 92 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 08 September 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 08 September 2023, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 92 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Wildlife & Wilderness of Botswana tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wildlife & Wilderness of Botswana tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.